What your favorite way to eat vegetables?

Mine is to dip them in cheese or ranch.

I usually eat raw veggies and dip them in jalapeño cheese dip or cheese whiz.

But I get my full serving of veggies daily now thanks to that .

I usually eat

Broccoli

Carrots

Snow cap peas

Brussels sprouts

And salad and spinach leafs with fully fat ranch yummy.

How do you eat them?

Replies

• novauser
    novauser Posts: 47 Member
    I love them roasted....for some reason it just adds such a different taste and dimension. I will eat veggies I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole normally if they are roasted.
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    All different ways!

I like cucumber slices and baby carrots raw for something crunchy.

Steamed broccoli with lemon juice and pepper.

Roasted root vegetables (turnips, beets, potatoes of any sort, parsnips, carrots) are the most heavenly of foods.

Sauteed zucchini, yellow squash and eggplant with thyme and garlic.

I could keep going...

Roasted asparagus with lemon and olive oil. Wilted spinach with salt and pepper. Grilled romaine. YUM.
  • KSchoe1
    KSchoe1 Posts: 2 Member
    Steamed or in a salad for most days. Roasted asparagus is great. Also I eat many vegetables in soups. I sometimes add them to pasta sauce too (shredded carrots, chopped greens).
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Mine is to dip them in cheese or ranch.

I usually eat raw veggies and dip them in jalapeño cheese dip or cheese whiz.

But I get my full serving of veggies daily now thanks to that .

I usually eat

Broccoli

Carrots

Snow cap peas

Brussels sprouts

And salad and spinach leafs with fully fat ranch yummy.

How do you eat them?

Cooked in butter!!! mmmm! favourite is carrots with salt and pepper.

Also with sprouts, chop them up, quick steam, add some thinly cut strips of bacon and (you guessed it) cook them in butter!

Broccoli I just eat bore-off streamed!!

I meant steamed - you can eat them streamed, but it is tricky as it requires a big stretch of fast running water!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,140 Member
    Made eggplant souffle last night with goat cheese in the middle. I pretty much use every cooking method with a broad range of veg.......just experiment, you'll soon have a library full of ideas.
  • alechua
    alechua Posts: 224 Member
    stir fry, sauteed :)
  • Amberlynnek
    Amberlynnek Posts: 405 Member
    Brussel sprouts cut in quarters, marinated in garlic expressions, roasted and drizzled with balsamic glaze....AMAZING!
  • lmyers132625
    lmyers132625 Posts: 31 Member
    Right now I have a spaghetti squash in the oven for tonight's dinner. I'll serve it with home made tomato sauce and soy crumbles. It is SO GOOD!!!!
  • establishingaplace
    establishingaplace Posts: 301 Member
    My very favorite thing to do with veggies is turn them into a healthy version of higher calorie foods. I use a spiralizer to make noodles out of zucchini, butternut squash, yam, etc. Cauliflower: pizza crust, creamy soup base, mash, rice. Cubed roasted eggplant makes a great homefries substitute.

Second favorite is roasted veggies. I'll steam or saute things in a hurry, but I really have to prepare veggies in different ways or I get bored quickly.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Smothered in ranch. Sadly, I'm not a veggie lover.
  • Cindy781
    Cindy781 Posts: 500 Member
    I love them roasted....for some reason it just adds such a different taste and dimension. I will eat veggies I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole normally if they are roasted.

Me too! If you use parchment paper you can get great flavor with only a small spray of Olive oil. Yum!
  • HealthySideofLife
    HealthySideofLife Posts: 80 Member
    Oh let me count the ways...

I love some raw with greek yogurt dip. Others I love boiled or steamed. Others I like sauteed with a little oil and minced garlic. And then some I like roasted. I don't try to cook my food in butter or lots of oil.

I love vegetables, and there's so many ways you can go about eating them and preparing them. I found a recipe the other day that had eggplant sliced long way and people made pizza with them. It sounded and looked delicious lol.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 478 Member
    Raw with hummus, roasted, boiled or steamed.. depends on the veggie :)