New Scale Sucks!

bbmumma
bbmumma Posts: 10 Member
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
So I got a new scale (digital) today because my kids keep playing with my non-digital one and it never seemed to zero properly after they got a hold of it - seemed to randomly fluctuate by approx 10lbs in a day. Anyway, I could cry because the new scale says I weigh more than I thought I did when I started this (lost 11 pounds so far). If I put in the new weight it is going to take away all my lost lbs on my reports and then I have to get my mind wrapped around the new numbers that I thought I had already passed when you see the "in 5 weeks thing" at the end of your day. I know a number is only a number and that I have lost weight (close are looser) but it still sucks! Makes me want to eat a brownie which sucks cuz emotional eating is how I got to where I am today!

Replies

• Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    Totally stinks. But try to put your anger towards the old scale. It sounds like that was the one that was wrong. You will be BFF's with the new scale in no time because of the great numbers it will soon be showing you thanks to your incredible progress! :bigsmile:
    Now go emotionally eat some carrots! (I know... I know... but you'll be happy in the morning!:flowerforyou: )
  • ronic68
    ronic68 Posts: 5 Member
    Congrats on your progress thus far!!

I got a new digital scale in the last while and had a similar experience... under the Tools Tab, click on Tickers and from there you can update your weight data to still reflect your 11 pound loss.

Keep up the great work!

:smile: R
  • bbmumma
    bbmumma Posts: 10 Member
    Thanks for the info about the ticker! That totally makes me feel better! Too bad I already ate the brownie (it was 57 cal brownie) I was making them for a school open house pretty hard not to be tempted by that even when your not choked about your new scale!
    Thanks for the positive comments!
  • bsexton3
    bsexton3 Posts: 472 Member
    Keep the old scale around. I had the same thing. I use the digital scale on a regular basis. Once in a while, I step on the old scale in the kid's bathroom. i used it 7 years ago when I lost the first 40 pounds. Only put 20 back on. Now trying to take off another 40 to get a total of 60 off. I use the digital scale and it tells me I am losing. Then, I step on the old one, and I weigh 5 pounds less. It actually is a mental boost since it was what I recorded my weight on for years.
This discussion has been closed.