Subbing Greek Yogurt for Cream Cheese

Options
I came across this dessert..makeover dirt cake (and if you dont know what dirt cake is, well, I pity you...because its one of the most lovely orgasm inducing desserts on the planet...)

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/makeover-dirt-dessert

Anyhow, My thought is, what if I subbed vanilla greek yogurt for the creamcheese in this recipe? whats the ratio when subbing? Im wondering if the taste would be super different? thoughts?

Replies

• CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I would like to think it would work...Perhaps Dannon light n fit vanilla-it's Yummmmo!
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I would sub one for one.
    It may be slightly less dense, but the flavor wouldn't be too terribly different given the other strong flavor of the other ingredients.

Honestly though, between the amount of sugar in the oreos and the confectioner's sugar, why bother with the swap? Its still pretty high in calories/carbs. You may as well go for the real deal.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It's not the same consistency at all... I wouldn't do it. Besides, nothing wrong with cream cheese!
  • TXRanchGirl
    TXRanchGirl Posts: 303
    Options
    Every little bit helps in my mind..but I do agree there comes a point where you are messing to much with it..

I may experiement first before I take it in public..:)
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I just purchased some Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese at Walmart yesterday! Maybe that would work! I can't wait to taste it.

The brand is Green Mountain Farms.
    Serving size is 2 Tbsp
    Calories 60
    Total Fat 3g
    Sat Fat 2g
    Cholest. 10mg
    Sodium 85mg
    Total Carb 3g
    Fiber 0g
    Sugars 3g
    Protein 4g

I have not tried it yet, but I am going to use it tonight for a Creamed Spinach and Tilapia recipe. I bet it would work great in that recipe too! Its looks delicious! HTH! :smile:
  • TXRanchGirl
    TXRanchGirl Posts: 303
    Options
    thank you! I will find this greek yogurt cream cheese..hopefully!

Husband was talking about enchiladas last night too..will be subbing this greek cream cheese for the regular stuff too..:)