Any ground chicken recipes that taste good??

Options
careyw1
careyw1 Posts: 400 Member
Hi! Looking for some ground chicken recipes..I know you can substitute it for ground beef Ive done tht but Im getting bored with it..lol

Replies

• loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I have a weird one that i made up ...6-7 oz of browned ground chicken, two cups of bagged coleslaw, two tablespoons of Marie's Yogurt coleslaw dressing and I sometimes add green beans (low salt canned work well)...mix it all together..and bam! very satisfying meal!
  • sonjarogers72
    sonjarogers72 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Have you tried using it in Taco Soup? I use that and ground turkey. I no longer buy ground beef. The Taco Soup recipe I use is the weight watchers one on line.
  • tracy_getsfit
    tracy_getsfit Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I like to make rollups.

I have done this version

Ground Chicken
    Green Onion
    Low Fat High Protein Cream Cheese
    Red Peppers
    Shredded cheese

Melt this all down together.

Then Roll it in a Mama Lupe (OR other brand) low carb tortialla...great frozen for a simple meal!
  • addiec1
    addiec1 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    skinny taste has a turkey burger recipe that has shredded zucchini in it. I've made it with ground chicken and its really good.
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I sauteed it with garlic onion and sirachi yesterday and put it in a partially cooked half acorn squash and finished it on the oven . tasty and filling
  • WellPickles
    WellPickles Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like making lettuce wraps. Brown the meat with 3-4 cloves of garlic. Add chopped water chestnuts, 1-2 tbsp of tamari (or soy sauce), a packet of artificial sweetener, a little fresh ground ginger, and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Mix it all up and cook for a few minutes for the flavors to mingle, then wrap with lettuce leaves.

Delicious, and very low carb. Its a staple here.
  • bbodzenski
    bbodzenski Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    ranch chicken burgers are awesome the recipe is on food.com recipe #356116
  • bethkeysear
    bethkeysear Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    CHeck out the website emilybites.com. I LOVE her. The first one that comes to mind is buffalo chicken meatballs, which I serve on a hotdog bun with a slice of provolone cheese.
  • corinneselene
    corinneselene Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    So glad I am seeing this post...about 10 years ago I found this recipe for Lentil and Turkey Sausage Soup by Dr. Perricone. My dad made it last week and I completely forgot just how fantastic and easy it was. We always used either ground chicken or ground turkey when making it but I thought I would share.
    It calls for yogurt- I never use it because frankly, it absolutely does not need it!
    Ingredients:
    Servings:6

2 cups lentils
    8 -10 cups vegetable broth or 8 -10 cups water
    2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
    4 garlic cloves, minced
    1 large onion, chopped
    2 celery ribs, chopped
    1 lb all-natural turkey sausage (or ground turkey) or 1 lb chicken sausage (or ground turkey)
    2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped (or 1 can, 15 ounces chopped or crushed tomatoes)
    1 teaspoon turmeric (to taste)
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    1 sprig fresh thyme, chopped or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
    1 pinch dried red pepper flakes
    sea salt, to taste
    plain yogurt, for garnish
    1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (flat leaved, if available)

Directions:

Wash and pick over the lentils (to make sure there are no stones) and bring to a boil in the broth or water in a large soup pot. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
    Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Sauté the garlic, onion, celery, and sausage for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add the tomatoes and sauté for another 5 minutes.
    Add the vegetable-sausage mixture and seasonings to the lentils. Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the lentils are tender but not mushy. Serve with a dollop of plain yogurt and chopped parsley for garnish.
  • michellewelch2010
    michellewelch2010 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    This meal, no matter who I make it for is a hit! It's quick and easy too.

1 - tbps olive oil
    1 - cooking onion
    1 - clove of garlic
    1 - 500g package of lean ground turkey
    Brown meat in large frying pan

Once meat is browned add:
    2 - hand fulls of mushrooms sliced
    2 - bell peppers cubed

Let the veggies soften up a bit then add:
    1 1/2 - cups sauerkraut
    1 - can of tomato paste
    1 - can water

Season with :
    Crushed chillies (1/2 tsp)
    Cayenne Pepper (1/2 tsp)
    Ground Cumin (1 tsp)
    Ground Fennel or Fennel Seeds (1 Tsp)

Serve on rice, or perfectly fine on it's own.
  • khernan1964
    khernan1964 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi was reading through these posts and I wanted to share. My younger sister had miscellaneous items to work with one day and threw together a chicken meatloaf that we all went crazy for. Use the ground chicken and your basic meatloaf recipe - whole wheat bread crumbs, egg beaters or egg whites, onions, peppers (optional), seasonings (ketchup, garlic, mustard, salt & pepper - your choice really up to this point) and add chopped up fresh broccoli (we've tried frozen, just not the same - must be fresh). It's the weirdest thing, but it is amazing. I hope you all try and enjoy it much!
  • Stacy_Merrell
    Stacy_Merrell Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Sounds amazing! Great for a work lunch.
  • ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    try a burger with shredded green apple, fresh sage, and a little scallion. You might need to add an egg white for binding.
  • vlmay1955
    vlmay1955 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    i made spaghetti sauce using standard ingredients (crushed tomatoes, onions, olives, sweet peppers, garlic, basil, etc.) for my dad and brother and used ground chicken or turkey instead of the ground beef they had always used. They liked it so much they always use ground chicken/turkey now. And they are NOT particularly healthy eaters. They say it just tastes better! Also try it in white chili, use 1/2 cut up chicken and half ground chicken(or turkey) for the meat, it's VERY GOOD!
  • Just1Cupcake
    Options
    I love these:
    http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/cook-yourself-thin/recipes/turkey-mini-meatloaves-with-roasted-root-veggies

I know it says turkey, but I replaced the ground turkey for ground chicken and it was amazing!!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Laarb Gai. Thai ground chicken salad. Insane good
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Mmm... looking forward to trying these recipes! I find ground chicken to be a bit more dry than ground turkey... any tips on keeping moisture in?
  • kbeardmore22
    kbeardmore22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Bump for different ideas. Thanks!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,626 Member
    Options
    I love Ma Po Tofu. Would substitute ground chicken for the ground pork in this recipe.

http://chinesefood.about.com/od/tof1/r/mapotofu.htm