Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Typical Weight loss Goal, need tips

gclauson
gclauson Posts: 26 Member
I am the normal mid 30's guy that has about 50 pounds i want to lose. Not saying THAT is normal, but i am the normal guy that has to lose 50, as far as diet, exercise, etc. I downloaded the app last week, with a goal of 50 pounds. I started at 270 (now 267 after a week) with a weekly 2 pound goal. It has me at 1770 net calories, which isnt hard at all, (as i do 30-40 minutes of elliptical 6 days a week), and wants me under 280 carbs. I am personally LOVING cutting my carbs to under 100 and havent had this energy in a decade. Do any of you, preferably people with similar weight loss plans or that are around my size (i am 6'2 270) have any tips? I plan on just doing what i am doing, but figured i would see if anyone has any tips.

Replies

• PlayBall5
    PlayBall5 Posts: 125
    I finally did it this last weekend!!! I hit my goal weight of 175 lbs. I lost 26 lbs since January 1st. I worked my butt off. When I started a new desk job a couple of years back, the lbs found me and I quickly went over 200 lbs. I coach a travel youth baseball team and was challenged by the kids to get into shape so I did. I started lifting weights even though I am still really uncomfortable doing it and that is how I lost so many lbs quickly. The question I have now is how do I maintain and also how do I get rid of the saggy skin and the little remaining fat I have around my belly. Feel free to send me a friend request because I am looking for some fitness pals who will keep me motivated. PLAY BALL !
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Hello and welcome! Sounds like you are on the right path! Good luck, you got this!
  • gclauson
    gclauson Posts: 26 Member
    Awesome! Thanks All! 126 Pounds, wow!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so addicted to this low carb thing, i just need to make sure i keep my sodium and cholesterol down, as my family has a history of high BP (my cholesterol is super low as of last physical, it was like 115)