Turbo Jam/Turbo Slim

Options
Just putting this down, as a way to keep myself motivated.

I've had Turbo Jam for just over a year, I used it consistently for a couple months after I got it, and then kind of "fell off the wagon." I would try to get back into it for a few times and it didn't stick. My husband came home in December, so in the beginning of January we decided to work together (well by him cooking for me and keeping me on track ;) ). So I started back the 2nd week in January. I've been a lot better this time around with my eating, but have had a couple hickups. I've only gained twice (weekly weigh ins for a challenge), so I'm happy about that, as that's mostly a result of eating habits. I haven't been nearly as consistent with my exercise though. I ended up getting some severe back spasms that had me out, and just as soon as my body felt better I got sick. I got back into my exercise but I've only been managing about 1 workout a week.

So today I started the "Turbo Slim" 10 day jump start that came with Turbo Jam. I've already tweaked it a little by switching today & tomorrows meal plans, and adding a little extra calories because I wasn't comfortable with how many calories it came to. (under 1200). The plan also has me working out every day for the 10 days. I'm hoping my husband will push me on those days I say "I just don't feel like it." He's been so supportive and cooks me dinner almost every night. And always asks me "how many calories do you have left?" He weighs out all my food while he's preparing it.

Thank you MFP for this "app" making it so much easier for me to stay on track!

Replies

• Suznd75
    Suznd75 Posts: 37
    Options
    That is awesome! The hardest part for me has always been deciding what to eat, I would love that.:smile:
  • drapleb
    drapleb Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love Turbo Jam! It is one of the only workouts I can do at home and not get bored and turn it off. I often do the 20 min video when short on time. Good luck doing the Turbo Slim!
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I initally didn't want to do the meal plan, because I thought it was going to be expensive to buy all the things I don't normally buy when I'm the only one eating them (my husband will eat some of it, kids will eat very little of it ;) ). Plus things like actually cooking breakfast in the morning because I am usually struggling (and failing) to get out of the house on time. I'm used to bringing things to work like oatmeal, waffles, sausage, yogurt, you know...easy stuff. But I managed to make/eat an omelet this morning ha ha. We'll see how it goes :)