Victorious Victoria Day Challenge - April 28th

Options
yoginimary
yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
You have three weeks left to surprise yourself :bigsmile:

I have surprised myself a number of ways in these various challenges: I now consider elliptical easier exercise, I do strength training and sometimes enjoy it, and I have to limit the new exercises I'm trying, so I can save some for later. I would love to surprise myself with some weight loss, but you can't have everything :tongue:

Yesterday, I did elliptical and went for a walk. I'm going to have to plan a truly easy day this week. I feel my body needs it. Today is yoga and weights. Maybe Thursday I just walk, hmmm.

Go surprise yourself!

Mary

Replies

• yoginimary
    Options
    You have three weeks left to surprise yourself :bigsmile:

I have surprised myself a number of ways in these various challenges: I now consider elliptical easier exercise, I do strength training and sometimes enjoy it, and I have to limit the new exercises I'm trying, so I can save some for later. I would love to surprise myself with some weight loss, but you can't have everything :tongue:

Yesterday, I did elliptical and went for a walk. I'm going to have to plan a truly easy day this week. I feel my body needs it. Today is yoga and weights. Maybe Thursday I just walk, hmmm.

Go surprise yourself!

Mary
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Good morning! Hope everyone had a great weekend. We ended up having a nice weekend weather-wise so my weekend exercise was once again yard work.

I am happy to say that I had my "surprise" this morning when I weighed myself. My goal for this challenge was to lose 8 pounds and I did that by 6 ounces this morning. I was expecting to see a gain because I caved and ate a small piece of cheesecake with hubby for his birthday last night. :drinker:

It is supposed to rain all week here so there won't be many walks in my immediate future and I've decided to stick with Hip Hop Abs for one more week and doing my weights M, W & F.

Happy Monday all:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies! Today is my day off. (I'm switching off. . .either Monday or Friday). I wore my HRM all day yesterday, since it was a really light day. My base calories a day (I was literally sitting around for most of it), according to this, are 1700 calories. Which, would explain why the maintenance calories here are still putting me at a loss. So, I'm now going to eat 1800 a day (I count virtually all my activity as exercise, since it fluctuates). What a trip. I also notice that I now exercise according to my HRM. Something along the lines of "I'm going to walk until 300 calories o'clock".:tongue:

My beloved public transit is back up and running today. (A good thing, as I have to go get my paycheck).

Happy Monday! Oh, and the other day, I surprised myself (and my husband) by beating him in a push-up contest. He's now started doing pilates every day (he loves it), so that's another good surprise.

:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    Options
    I also notice that I now exercise according to my HRM. Something along the lines of "I'm going to walk until 300 calories o'clock".:tongue: .

Happy Monday! Oh, and the other day, I surprised myself (and my husband) by beating him in a push-up contest. He's now started doing pilates every day (he loves it), so that's another good surprise.

I'm not the only "calorie" freak??? I do all cardio that way :blushing:

Soo, how many push-ups did you do? Full or partial push-ups?
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    Hello everybody

Today was day 1 dogsitting my parents are flying to florida as I type (its not fair) so started strong I will gain something from them being away and that is exercise. I walked my dog at 6am for 45 mins brisk walk then I tidied the house quickly then walked my son to school another 30 mins walk pushing the pram feeling energetic (getting up and out early does that to me) I went on the crosstrainer for an intensive 35 mins (5 mins more than last week) while watching desperate housewives on my hubbies ipod. Had a nice shower with my fav shower gel then of to my parents house to groom the dogs feed the rabbits and cats and sort the tortoise out then I walked her dogs with my youngest 28lb ish daughter in the baby carrier on my back and pushed my even heavier daughter in the pram up and down some pretty steep hills for about 45 mins. Got home to clean out my guinea pigs (they haven't had their babies yet but are due any day) still got ironing to do and some washing to sort out but I am really tired crashed and burned big time. I have added extra healthy snacks to my regime i had a bowl of cornflakes before walking to collect my son from school which was another 30 mins walking. Hopefully I will repeat this T,TH,F this week and M,T,TH,F next week. Wed I plan to just walk no crosstrainer and sat I plan to jog for 30 mins and walk my dogs for an hour (my brother takes care of my mums animals at the weekend) I am hoping that as I have seen now weight loss for weeks now that this will give me the boost I need and see the lbs and inches begin to melt away again. (Fingers crossed)

Sorry for the long post gonna go get some coffee before I fall asleep early to bed tonite for me.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    GOOD MORNING! Home Sweet Home.

Three weeks...well that is a wake-up call. I'm going to really push myself for the next few weeks, as the road trip was difficult and I definitely veered off track.

I'm so excited to be home!

Today:

1. Going to go to my gym for the first time in 2 months for at least an hour of cardio and 30 minutes of strength. I can't wait!!
    2. Going to log all the food I eat today -- I had been slacking on this because I was dreading having to log what I was eating on the road. I am back on the wagon today.
    3. Going to eat slowly and mindfully and at my kitchen table
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I also notice that I now exercise according to my HRM. Something along the lines of "I'm going to walk until 300 calories o'clock".:tongue: .

I'm not the only "calorie" freak??? I do all cardio that way :blushing:

Soo, how many push-ups did you do? Full or partial push-ups?

I did 17 full on pushups. I am badass. He did . . .5.