WV Girl Rant about My Weight-Loss Experience

Options
EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT SO FIND WHAT WORKS FOR YOU & BE HEALTHY & TELL ALL THE HATERS TO KISS YOUR *kitten*!!! I don't eat on a schedule. I only eat when I'm hungry. This works for me.

I keep getting asked how I'm losing weight. Yes, I am taking a diet supplement to curb my appetite, but really, it's all about being aware of how many calories you're taking in. Theoretically, 3500 calories=1lb. So if you consume 3500 calories a day, depending on your weight and how much energy you expend, you'll maintain. I'll bet before I was consuming well over 4500 calories a day because I just didn't realize how many calories I was eating. That's 31,500/week. when you typically shouldn't consume more than 24,500/week. I just added up my calories from the past week and it's at 7370. I used to eat more than that in two days! I am not hungry. I'm not starving myself. I've just cut a lot of sugars, carbs, and fatty meats. Once you get that stuff out of your system, you will stop craving it.

Drink water, LOTS of water. Sometimes, what you think are hunger pains are really your body wanting hydration. People say, "Eww, water." Well, then flavor that ****. Drink some green tea or something and cut down on the soda. I might have one diet soda a day now and sometimes none at all. Don't starve yourself either. If I want to lose a pound, then I have to take 3500 calories away from face. It's a lot easier to fill yourself up on salads all day then to have like 2 pieces of pizza & you can't eat anymore cuz you've already hit your calories for the day. If we're having cake at work for dessert, I will say to myself, "Do you want that cake in your mouth for a few minutes or do you want to look hot as **** in those jeans you've had stuffed in your closet the past 5 years?" I literally do this every, single day.

(And that brings me to another point...you are way more attractive than you think you are. Think of a guy or girl you think is really hot and everyone else is like, "Eww, why?" Well, who's to say what attracts people to each other? To me it's less about typical hotness and more about humor, intelligence, and kindness. Not everyone is looking for a super-model. Take a shower regularly and for God sakes run a comb through your hair and DON'T wear pajamas to Wal-Mart! When you feel better, you look better.)

Stay positive! This is probably the hardest thing for me. I often let other people's attitudes & moods affect mine. I have developed, much to my disgust, a hair-trigger temper. I think I was just so degraded and depressed for so long that I immediately become defensive at any sign of *****ery or douche-bagginess. Surround yourself with people that make you laugh & people that truly love you for who you are. The same people that love you heavy will love you thinner and they'll love you if you gain it all back plus some. Chances are, if someone's talking about someone behind their back, they're doing the same thing to you when your back is turned. I've found the same people that made assholish comments about my weight are now making assholish comments about me "not eating enough" or "omg, you can't just eat a salad with no meat or cheese." *****, yes I can. I wear a size 24 do you really think I'm in danger of being anorexic? REALITY CHECK--they don't like you fat and they sure in the hell don't like you losing weight. POINT--they don't like themselves. They say stuff about you that you KNOW isn't true, so why waste your energy on them? Just freaking laugh at them because you know why they're really mad? Because they don't like themselves as much as you like yourself.

Make friends with fit people! This is intimidating for me, but I found most don't want to show you up or make you feel inadequate. They just want to help you and they're gonna push you & it's probably gonna piss you off, but that's what you need. I hear people saying, "Well, you gotta die of something. Skinny people have heart attacks too." They're right, but dammit when you get out breath tying your own shoes or you can't sit in your own bathtub for 4 years, then by God, is that living? It's not about the quantity of life I have. It's the quality. I want to do as much as I can because recent years have taught me it can be over in the blink of an eye.

That's how you do it. It's that freaking simple. MyFitnessPal.com is the greatest weight loss tool ever. Plus, just writing & posting pics because it's like I have to be held accountable and honestly, I'm a bit of an attention *kitten*. 10lbs more to my first 100...I can't hardly believe it. I'm having a big-*kitten* celebration in the form of some Lactaid pills and a DQ cake when I get to that day!!!

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude, spunk, and determination! WTG!
  • huggykpuma
    huggykpuma Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Very well written. you are doing it all right.
  • improvnmycurves16
    improvnmycurves16 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Lol you rock, I love how you look at things and congratz in advance on your first 100lbs.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Theoretically, 3500 calories=1lb. So if you consume 3500 calories a day, depending on your weight and how much energy you expend, you'll maintain.

What? No. Just... no. Most people will gain weight if they eat 3500 calories a day because they only burn 1800-2500 calories a day through normal activity and exercise.

The 3500 number is a DEFICIT. And since it's too big of a deficit to reasonably make for the average human in a day, most people aim for that deficit in a week (aka 500cal less per day times 7).
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Theoretically, 3500 calories=1lb. So if you consume 3500 calories a day, depending on your weight and how much energy you expend, you'll maintain.

What? No. Just... no. Most people will gain weight if they eat 3500 calories a day because they only burn 1800-2500 calories a day through normal activity and exercise.

The 3500 number is a DEFICIT. And since it's too big of a deficit to reasonably make for the average human in a day, most people aim for that deficit in a week (aka 500cal less per day times 7).
    Phew, glad someone said the correct information!
  • BlueOrchidMoon77
    Options
    3500 calories=1lb...Goggle it
  • BlueOrchidMoon77
    Options
    But I see what you're saying.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Glad you are having so much luck, OP. You are doing great.

Nothing to add, other than the "eating 3500 calories a day" is wrong for most. Most can't do that and not gain.
  • heatherlynnc123
    Options
    You have lots to be proud of with your 91 pounds!
    I have no doubt we'll see a 100 pounds lost success post from you in the near future!
  • cpusmc
    cpusmc Posts: 122
    Options
    Great post!!! Keep it up and congrats on both the weight loss and your attitude... Haters will always find something to hate!!!!
    Stay positive and keep going, you have already succeeded where most fail, you have done more than merely talk about it...
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Love the no nonsense attitude! Congrats on your success so far - I can tell you are determined to reach your goals! :flowerforyou:
  • EpicMedic
    EpicMedic Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    A female shouldn't eat below 1200 calories a day, and a male shouldn't eat less than 1800. If you want a bigger deficit, exercise more, but anything less than those standard numbers usually results in malnutrition. If you ate just over 7k calories a week, that's 1000 a day. That's not entirely horrible, but it is on the low side. An extra 200-400 calories per day should be in your diet, putting you at 8400 to 9600 calories a week. Most everything else is spot on, lots of water and watch what you eat. Make sure you are eating healthy options and, equally importantly, make sure you are getting all the vitamins and minerals you need throughout a day.