Lean Cuisines

KLaurean
KLaurean Posts: 112
edited September 21 in Recipes
I tend to eat....a lot.
And I'll be the first to admit, that a little tiny lean cuisine is not about to fill me up.
Anyway, tonight I was searching for something to eat and since I haven't yet made my weekly shopping trip, there weren't many options. When that happens I usually create some abnormal hybrid meal out of whatever is left over.
So I pulled out a lean cuisine (chicken and rice meal), grabbed some frozen veggies (which came with fat free stir fry sauce), chopped up some garlic, left over chicken breast, and stuck it all in a pan that I spritzed with olive oil cooking spray.
This was extremely filling.
It had 4 grams of fat and was under 300 calories. I highly suggest you try it if you're pressed for time or if you don't have much to work with in your fridge.

Replies

• sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Watch the sodium in the Lean Cuisines......
  • You can precook a big pot of rice and freeze it into smaller servings. Two minutes in the microwave in a covered dish and it's just like the day you made it.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    I tend to eat....a lot.
    And I'll be the first to admit, that a little tiny lean cuisine is not about to fill me up.
    Anyway, tonight I was searching for something to eat and since I haven't yet made my weekly shopping trip, there weren't many options. When that happens I usually create some abnormal hybrid meal out of whatever is left over.
    So I pulled out a lean cuisine (chicken and rice meal), grabbed some frozen veggies (which came with fat free stir fry sauce), chopped up some garlic, left over chicken breast, and stuck it all in a pan that I spritzed with olive oil cooking spray.
    This was extremely filling.
    It had 4 grams of fat and was under 300 calories. I highly suggest you try it if you're pressed for time or if you don't have much to work with in your fridge.
    Very creative Girl!! I agree, those lil meals on some brands don't fill me up either. They say one serving of veggies but 1/2 a cup of veggies is not a serving to me. lol I usually have 2 cups for dinner, ya know salad and such.

Wtg on finding what works in a pinch! :wink:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    You can precook a big pot of rice and freeze it into smaller servings. Two minutes in the microwave in a covered dish and it's just like the day you made it.
    I precook a pot of brown rice myself, sure does make it handy to have on hand in the fridge to mix with veggies or cut up chicken, or......... the sky is the limit. So nice to come home to and only need to heat it up! :flowerforyou:
  • yeah i like them too :) the sandwitch are filling for me... and i have this discount markit by my house where the boxes are bent to hell or all most out of date. i can pick up those baby for a $1....

ILL BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!!!!!! LOL

robo-cop lol
This discussion has been closed.