P90X3 vs Counting Calories

Options
2»

Replies

• MelisaBegins
    MelisaBegins Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Nice work! You look great. I love your straight-forward approach to the process: eating a sensible amount of food + working out. I'll be 40 this year and the lightbulb has finally *FINALLY* gone on for me that that combination WORKS. It's no joke, and not easy, but it WORKS. You are living proof! Thanks for sharing.
  • icandowhateveriputmymindto
    Options
    Someone is looking hot!! And I also love how in the last picture you have a smile :)
  • urban_ninja
    urban_ninja Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Nice work! You look great. I love your straight-forward approach to the process: eating a sensible amount of food + working out. I'll be 40 this year and the lightbulb has finally *FINALLY* gone on for me that that combination WORKS. It's no joke, and not easy, but it WORKS. You are living proof! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks! Just the other day, my bother in-law asked me how I did it. I just told him I manage my portions and don't eat too much. He just shook his head and responded, "Yeah, right! You wouldn't be losing weight if you didn't do P90X videos." :huh:

I replied, "I still would, but it would take longer".

His response to that was, "Yeah, but you have to cut carbs and candy like me!" :noway:
  • impromark
    impromark Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    "Bother-in-law". ;)

Some guys will always have an excuse - I certainly did, for many years. But when anyone just buckles down and DOES SOMETHING, it's remarkable how easy it can be.

I lost my first 20 pounds just by swapping diets from cans and microwaveable packs of pure bachelor, chow to a much more average intake of volume and composition. Also, eating breakfast instead of skipping is key! Working out is just the accelerator for me. :)

Mark
  • urban_ninja
    Options
    Working out is just the accelerator for me. :)

AMEN!
  • jazz_h
    jazz_h Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 11 of p90x3. Might be late to be asking this, but are u guys eating back ur calories burned to maintain the calorie goal in the nutrition guide. Mine is 1500 calories and I generally eat 1600-1800 calories to take into account calories burned.

Is that ok? I'm asking coz I have just lost 3 lbs in ths whole program and its almost finishing!! :(
  • urban_ninja
    Options
    I'm on week 11 of p90x3. Might be late to be asking this, but are u guys eating back ur calories burned to maintain the calorie goal in the nutrition guide. Mine is 1500 calories and I generally eat 1600-1800 calories to take into account calories burned.

Is that ok? I'm asking coz I have just lost 3 lbs in ths whole program and its almost finishing!! :(

Although you only lost 3lbs, what about your measurements? Any improvement there?

Mine is set around 1600 cals daily, and yes, I do eat back my exercised calories since MFP already accounted for the deficit. However, I leave a little buffer when I have to use the MFP database or cannot accurately measure the amount of food. I also log all my condiments since they can add up. On average, I rarely burn more than 300 cals on a P90X3 workout, and I push myself hard. I've incorporated additional strength training (3 times a week) and running (4 times a week) afterwards so I'm doing more than just the program.

Try upping your weight. If you are using bands, try switching to free weights (I think it's better). Whenever weight is required for the exercise, I progressively increase it. If I'm not struggle when I hit 10 reps, I up it the next time around.

PM me and I can send you details on the weights and reps I do in the program.
  • KetosisTina
    KetosisTina Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to submit your before and after pics.. Free T-shirt and you could win some cash. :)
  • Jaydec70
    Jaydec70 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am finishing my first round of P90x (original) I bought years ago then lt collect dust until I was "ready". Finally started after shifting the diet last fall. I've been debating doing it again or buying 3. With summer coming I figure the shorter work out inside with other exercise daily makes sense. Heartened to see your results. I think I will invest in 3.
  • Kat5029
    Kat5029 Posts: 5
    Options
    Wow! You look great!

This is such a great thread to read. So glad to see your P90x3 results and read that others have liked it as well. I just ordered it on Sunday to follow up T25. (I'm on week 4 of T25. Bad knees are slowing me down on some of the lunges but for the most part-I love the program. ) Looking forward to P90X3!!

I just joined MFP the other day. I couldn't understand why I wasn't losing a pound- then I started logging my food- I eat "healthy"- however I never realized the amount of fruit I eat during the day, the tablespoons of PB for my veggies...the (2) 8 oz lattes i have each morning at home..- I actually thought i was eating a high protein diet- forgot about the carbs and fat- oops. 'll have to read up on Protein Powder in the posts.
  • urban_ninja
    Options
    I am finishing my first round of P90x (original) I bought years ago then lt collect dust until I was "ready". Finally started after shifting the diet last fall. I've been debating doing it again or buying 3. With summer coming I figure the shorter work out inside with other exercise daily makes sense. Heartened to see your results. I think I will invest in 3.

The original P90X is still my favorite. X3's short format allowed me to combine with other programs. Regardless of what program I used, definition didn't happen until I started cutting calories. I love a variety of programs to break up the monotony :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!