I'm 140lbs over weight.

Options
2»

Replies

• fredman2
    fredman2 Posts: 57
    Options
    I'm 6'4" and was 407 a week ago, now I am 398.
    I am working out a bit 6 days a week at 24hr.
    I am cutting waay back on food intake - folwoing the charts here, but I
    have the same issue a lot of folks do - SODIUM!
    SO now I am trying what to eat in place of processed meats (for lunch),
    but also, pay attention as to WHEN you eat, Don't eat anything after
    dinner.
    It takes discipline, you just have to keep telling yourself your goals,
    and stick to them.
  • danaberge
    danaberge Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your posts! About 4 years ago I was 320lbs... So I have kept off a good 20-40lbs. I lost that weight on a 2000-2200 calorie diet.

I believe I have tried to track accurately... However, I'm going to tighten it up. Like logging seasoning and refusing fast food more.

Lowering sugar and sodium, and trying to get more fruit into my diet. At least one a day. Right now... None.

Thank you all. I have a lot to think about!!!
  • kittybelle
    kittybelle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm confused about the posts which say not to eat under your BMR. MFP calculates my BMR at 1921 (I'm 5' 5" and 266lbs) and suggests a daily calorie intake of 1400.

I thought eating under your BMR was recommend in cases of obesity?

I'm a repeat dieter as I'm on and off high dose steroids regularly and often temporarily immobile due to a medical condition - so every three years or so I need to lose a hell of a lot of weight! I've not had this much to lose for 10 years but I've always eaten under my BMR
  • xfatguy2014
    Options
    Have you tried the 90 day challenge? Personally I lost 100 lbs.
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Look, I'm in a serious minority here but I want to say.... if its not working for you, then maybe it's not for you. Maybe you need to try something else, maybe you have some food intolerances that you're unaware of. Not everyone can happily eat whatever they want and successfully lose weight.

I did a lite n easy food plan for months and lost next to nothing. I got sick of the processed microwave dinner thing and gave paleo a crack. Dropped weight really easily, ate MORE food, LIKED the food I was eating so much more than diet crap. The biggest thing was discovering that I am actually pretty darn intolerant to gluten, wheat & even dairy to a lesser extent. That stuff was holding me back in a major way.

Not saying this is your solution. But if you believe you're adhering to your plan and its not working, well, I say its worth giving something else a shot.
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I'm considering going to a Dr. however would love to be able to get this weight off with good old fashioned work.

I'm going hard with the exercise this month and am allowing myself to eat an actual 2000 calories with exercise videos 30+ minutes a day. I'm hoping to see a drastic change with the effort i'm putting forth. I have been trying to drink more water.. but find myself drinking diet sodas during the day. (controversial) Then drinking water at night.

I'm hoping to see at least a 4lb weight loss with the next two weeks.

A supportive doctor will be delighted to see you - a good nutritionist might be helpful too. Hang in there and keep up the good fight.
  • danaberge
    danaberge Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    The scale finally moved - and the only thing I really changed was my morning sugar intake. So, that worked!

I'm also exercising and logging a lot more carefully. I'm NOT eating back my exercise calories and if I do it's less than 100.

I still have days where I feel that I need a little bit more food.. but it showed on the scale. I am going to continue eating as clean as I possibly can, logging all my veggies, and sticking to the 1530 calorie goal.

It's finally working!! I'm guessing that my body was on hold because I have maintained "that" weight for so long. Now that I broke through lower than what I have been in over 6 months i'm going to stay motivated.

Exercising, resting more, and tracking all my food. It also did help that I didn't eat fast food as much the past two weeks. I'm hoping I see the scale drop another 4 lbs in the next two weeks. I'm more than happy to lose 2lbs a week.

Yay.
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I'm confused about the posts which say not to eat under your BMR. MFP calculates my BMR at 1921 (I'm 5' 5" and 266lbs) and suggests a daily calorie intake of 1400.

I thought eating under your BMR was recommend in cases of obesity?

I'm a repeat dieter as I'm on and off high dose steroids regularly and often temporarily immobile due to a medical condition - so every three years or so I need to lose a hell of a lot of weight! I've not had this much to lose for 10 years but I've always eaten under my BMR

Don't stress about BMR. There's a fairly common misconception that it's disastrous to eat under your BMR but BMR honestly has little to do with the point at which your body begins catabolizing your lean mass for energy (which comes down to how much fat you have on your body and how large of a caloric deficit you're running). 1400 calories with your states is perfectly safe, regardless of what your BMR is.