Cheat Day, How Far Do You Go?

Options
13»

Replies

• jelitor
    jelitor Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This weekend I cheated and ate my entire daily calorie intake (1,600) in one meal. Exceeded it once you include the beverages
  • snoodled
    snoodled Posts: 57
    Options
    at least 10,000 cals

Challenge accepted.

Hilarious:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want that day and usually have a few light beers. It is one day and ONLY one day.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Why would anyone even do a cheat day? It's counter-productive.
  • Mav3rick54
    Mav3rick54 Posts: 180 Member
    Options

I do it because it works for me. Therefore it is not counter productive.
  • firelight4321
    firelight4321 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Never more than my maintenance of 1750, and only 1-2 times a month.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I do not really do cheat days or meals, per se. I maintain on around 2500 calories per day with my workouts and fitness level, so I can pretty much easily fit in some treats anyway. I tend to allow myself a piece of cake or a little more of the less nutritious foods at the weekend, while in the weekdays I stick to a few small bits of chocolate.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    For many people NOT doing them ends up counterproductive to their weight loss AND general "learning a new way to live" thing - because the "real world" for most people has some days where they eat more calories than they need.
  • mytabouly
    mytabouly Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I don't really have cheat days... I just eat a little less during the week and a little more during the weekend. It balances out nicely.
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    My cheat day is usually suturday. Like last week, I had this amazing pancake dessert, with biscuits, chocolate creme mousse, banana and nutella and I didn't regret it! It was amazing, so delicious... I was over with 1000 calories I think? Maybe I'm overestimating calories sometimes just to be sure...
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Same as some others posted, when on diet or maintenance I am usually a little under each day, at the end of the week I allow myself to go a little over but only enough to balance out the week. If I have an event coming up I eat a little less a couple of days before and a couple of days after.

At Christmas for 3 days I was off the programme. I managed 3500-4000 calories a day, mostly trifle, and mince pies, and a whole bar of Galaxy posted from the UK, would have been rude not too!

I believe as someone else posted, it pays to have lower and higher calorie days to prevent the body getting into a routine.
    oddly though, at the moment I am trying to bulk, and finding it hard to fit in even 200 extra calories a day!
    I wish I could go back a year and tell my past self how I would struggle to eat 2200 calories in one day, just to see the look on my face.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I don't subscribe to "cheat" days/meals...I eat what I want and make it fit.

If I am out on a weekend I eat the food and drink the vodka and usually end up within goal for the week.

If you look at my diary you see I eat food, chocolate, burgers, pizza, etc when I want. My TDEE is currently sitting between 2000-2200 (depends on if I am doing HIIT or not) so eating 1600-1700 calories a day my weekly intake means I typically lose 1/2lb

Over vacation I didn't log but that's because no internet but I know the food didn't put me over...the rum did...
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I don't. I have a cheat meal, not day. As a former binger, that's just "safer" for me than an entire day. Usually on Sunday I'll have a meal that I would normally not partake in during the week, this week it was a reuben sandwich with fries, divine!! .. but not something I'm going to eat all of the time, not worth it. If I were to log them, my cheat meals are usually 1200 or so calories, ha.