When to step on the scale?

Options
2»

Replies

• zombieseatpineapple
    Options
    On the same day each week step on the scale after you wake up and take your morning pee!
  • dukeoden
    dukeoden Posts: 10
    Options
    I quit weighing my self and now I just measure my waist and chest and arms.Im not going to be a slave to the scale and let the scale run my life its no fun.
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I was a scale Nazi but it drove me mad. I actually don't care about the number anymore. I weigh myself 1x a week on Sunday and only use that number to plug my data into my electric body fat tester to see where my body fat is. Your body fat % should be your true focus. If you can… get away from the darn scale. Its evil!
  • UnicornOreos
    Options
    Thank you ALL VERY MUCH!!!! I usually weigh in the morning! I stepped on the scale this morning and about tossed my cookies. I don't like tooking at the thing. I measure by the way my clothes fit...and right now...I am two sizes bigger than I was a year ago. This is going to be a challenge for me because I am on two seperate medicines that cause weight gain. Let's see who is gonna win...not the pills for sure :)
  • ATGsquats
    ATGsquats Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    In the morning after take my dump and piss.
  • Whaylen
    Whaylen Posts: 2
    Options
    What you really want is consistency, and that is usually best had in the mornings before food and after restroom if you can manage that.

For me it's best to not watch the numbers every day, but be aware of the trend. As others have noted, you can get away with weighing in once a week or so if you do this, unless you feel you need to adapt quickly because you don't have a good regimen. Monday mornings are good this way for me, because I get a little off track on the weekends, and that helps me adjust expectations for the next weekend. Having an Aria scale has helped me a lot, I don't even have to look at the numbers during the actual weigh-ins, and having a BMI measurement is very helpful.
  • spicegeek
    spicegeek Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I haven`t got on the scale yet - I am going by measurements - I really do not want to know just how bad it is !
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    When is the best time to step on that dreaded scale? In the mornings or evenings? I would prefer not to have to get on it at all, but...I just wasnt sure if there was a specific time of day to weigh in .

in the morning after you finish number 1 and number 2, no liquids yet... i try and log my weight everyday and then get an average weight every fortnight to see if im losing my desired fat percentage for that particular fortnight...
  • klalsaleh
    klalsaleh Posts: 13
    Options
    i do it in the morning before i eat.
  • SpencersHeart
    SpencersHeart Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I do my weigh in every Sunday morning with a prayer. :)
  • Mommy2bug2
    Mommy2bug2 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat the scale. I do mine in the mornings every other morning. I don't want my day to be ran by the scale.
  • servicedograiser
    servicedograiser Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself at night and in the morning/ I record the night weight every 4 days, as long as It is a) lower than previous recorded weight and b) the morning weight is more than 2 pounds less. So basically I'm kissing numbers away I don't want to see again. Otherwise I own the higher weight still.
  • UnicornOreos
    Options
    I truly appreciate all the input!!!!!!!!!!!!:happy: