Water Intake...

Options
This may be a stupid question....but I need assistance. If I add a Crystal Light 5 calorie packet to my water does it still count as my water intake or does the powder make a juice/tea? I do add fruit and try the sparkling waters but I am just looking for other options. Thanks!!!

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    The only thing that counts as water is water.
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Different people have different rules for themselves.

I'd log the crystal light in the appropriate meal slot and also log however many cups of water I put the packet into using the water tracker (If I was diligent about tracking my water, that is... :tongue:)
  • huneydrop
    huneydrop Posts: 84
    Options
    I would count it to my water intake.......but I also add my tea and some people don't agree with that so to each their own! ;)
  • SummerRain43
    Options
    I don't drink nearly as much water as I should.....I always have to add something to it in order to choke it down though....I usually use Mio or something like that.....since the flavouring has no calories, I don't bother logging it.....I just count the water in my daily intake.....
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options

This is my opinion as well. If I were to add something to water (rarely if ever as I love water) then I just log whatever calories from that additive are included and don't count that towards my water goal
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    here we go...the great debate. I know I will be a hater before this is over.

I personally would log it as water. (let the hater's hate on me... go)

My take:
    What is the difference between drinking a full calorie 12 oz. soda and drinking 12 ounces of pure water while eating a pack of gummy bears? Your stomach doesn't care if it came in all at once or separately.
  • wanzik
    wanzik Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I agree, only water counts as water. Would you cleanse your outside with with Crystal Light? Not a perfect analogy, I know, but I believe you need water to cleanse the inside too.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Options
    When I'm cycling and need to stay hydrated I fill a 750ml bottle with 500ml of Powerade and 250ml of water....

So by your thinking would you say I'm getting:
    750ml of hydration
    250ml (water only)
    0ml because the Powerade has changed the structure of the water somehow?

(* Powerade logged separately to account for the calories of course.)
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    2afztye.jpg
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    add some lemon or orange slices instead
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I agree, only water counts as water. Would you cleanse your outside with with Crystal Light? Not a perfect analogy, I know, but I believe you need water to cleanse the inside too.

Would you cleanse your insides with soap then?