Replies

• Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Futility
  • byarger
    byarger Posts: 22
    Options
    Cycling is my favorite, though I have to confess that this winter I've been doing it mostly on rollers in the basement, which is pretty dull.

You could always get a pair of these:
    E296close.jpg

I have Schwalbe Marathon Winter tires for one of my bikes. But this winter, I've been doing some cross-country skiing and I've gotten back into running, which is fun to do outside in the cold (with proper clothes), as long as the roads or trails are clear.

I'm not a fan of resistance exercising, but I do a basic bodyweight workout to keep from looking like a floppy rag doll, and to keep up my core strength. I consider it to be the fitness equivalent of flossing regularly. :-)

Those tires are awesome!
  • byarger
    Options
    VOLLEYBALL!!!!

I haven't played volleyball in a long time! I think beach volleyball will be on my list of things to do this summer!
  • byarger
    Options
    Thanks for all of the ideas everyone!!!! I cannot wait to start trying these things!!! Here I come beach body!
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Running!
  • ElectricDame
    Options
    I love heavy bag work. It's a great source of resistance, and when you add in cardio combos (burpees, squats, quick feet) it gives you a really well rounded workout.
  • byarger
    Options
    Google the Spartacus workout if you are up for somehting new and challenging. :)

All time favorite is hiking and running.

This looks amazing!!! It will definitely go on my list!
    http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/spartacus-workout
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Dumbbell Squats
    Dumbbell Incline Press
    Tricep Extensions
    Hammer Curls

:smile:
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I love my treadmill. I try and do like a half hour each day.
  • alathIN
    alathIN Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    swim, bike, run - in that order.
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I just started doing a lot with free weights. Kettle bell pull overs are one of my new favorites. You can find loads of new ideas for workouts on Pinterest as well
  • emartin17
    emartin17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Skull crushers (tricep workout), Zumba, heat yoga.
  • SallyAlbright65
    SallyAlbright65 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Les Mills Body Attack!
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    My favorite calorie burn is Scuba Diving. I absolutely love it.
    When that's not possible, I weight train. I don't love it as much as scuba but I like it more than nearly everything else I do.
  • Alehmer
    Alehmer Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    100 Burpee Challenge

Simple - how long does it take you to do 100 Burpees? Try to beat that time each time.

Sweet 16
    4 back to back Tabatas focusing on different muscle groups, like

Squat Jumps
    Knee Pushups
    Crunches
    Dumbell/Kettlebell swings

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu practice. Rarely been that tired in my whole life, and you never half-*kitten* is when somebody is trying to choke or armlock you.
  • Binky_Muffin
    Binky_Muffin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Cycling is my favourite. I also enjoy open water swimming. It's too bad I don't live in a warm climate. I wish I could do these activities all year round.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Walking and running outside are my absolute favorites! I soooo can't wait for this winter to be over so I can get back out there! And yes, I realize I can run outside in the winter with the right gear, etc but I'm too much of a wimp. Don't like running when it's super hot either. :P

Ditto on Spartacus. There's also a Spartacus 2 - similar but some different moves and a slightly different approach to the cycling of sets, moves. Message me if you're interested but can't find the link as I have it saved in my blog.

Check out videos on YouTube for Body Combat and Body Pump - awesome workouts! Combat is like kickboxing and Pump is light weight/high rep work. Both will make you sweat like crazy.
  • lharrop1669
    lharrop1669 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Turbokick!!!!!!!!!