I want to do a 5K but...

Options
2»

Replies

• bigmamabird
    bigmamabird Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    A 5K is still a 5K whether you walk it or run it. Do what is challenging and fun for you.

Best wishes!! 5Ks are a blast!
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    absolutely sign up. It gives you something to look forward to and strive toward. I started out with a 5k and got addicted and worked my way up to half marathon distance. Races are very addictive. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • corinneselene
    corinneselene Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    What is the other option...sitting on the couch? Of course its worth it, you are already one step ahead of every other person who decided to not focus on creating a better version of themselves.

Last year I ran the Race for the Cure and my parents walked behind. Regardless of how we finished, we finished and it felt great for each of us. I would just start practicing, a 5K isnt too too long so you can work on just walking and try to better your time each time you complete it. Its win- win!

Good luck and maybe I will see you at some finish line someday!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Yeah...I did a run/walk for my first 5K...I thought it was going to be mostly walk, but I did a fair bit of running and surprised myself. That was last February 2013...by the time summer rolled around I was knocking out 5Ks no problem and training for a sprint triathlon.

Just do it.