HEALTHY food friends.

Options
Hi! I am looking for friends who have cut prepackaged foods for the most part and live mainly on fruits and vegetables. I find myself feeling bad for my 'everything in moderation' friends on my list and I had to remove most of them. It stresses me out because I feel helpless, they are in bad cycles but wont listen. For example: If you eat a 100 calorie snack pack of cookies, your blood sugar will rise and crash, then you will feel starving and might hit a drive-through. Then since that food has no nutrients and high sugar the cycle continues. I was in that cycle, a binge and starve cycle as well and I am recovering.

I want friends who believe your body will beg you for food until you give it what it needs. I am NOT dieting, I am eating until I am full whenever I am hungry. I am just making better choices. I lost 7lbs in 2 weeks.

I am a recovering binge eater, eating mostly fruits and vegetables have stopped intense cravings AND binges. I learned to start wanting what is in the house instead of crap. When it is sugar, I am successfully teaching myself to crave a bell pepper or fruit. When it is pizza, well I made a 550 calorie pizza and told myself it was a treat food. All I know is this is what works for me and I would like similar friends. We can share food logs and maybe it will help with variety ideas.

I am kind, supportive and log in several times a day to log what I eat, please add me.

Replies

• notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Feel free to check out my diary! While I do subscribe the the "everything in moderation" mentality, I try my hardest to make sure that the majority of my meals are healthy, well-rounded, and above all DELICIOUS!
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I try to avoid pre-packed foods, but I'm still working on it. I sometimes eat pizza and I usually have a glass of wine in the evening. I believe that cravings are caused from the body needing nutrients it is not getting, or from spikes in blood sugar. I'm still learning and trying to overcome hurdles. You can look at my food diary, but it was my birthday this weekend , so ignore the past few days lol.
  • seriousgirl
    seriousgirl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I had been on here for a while....was off line for a couple of months with work and travel, but back focused. I typically eat pretty healthy. My problem is combining it with a work out. I am always looking to share info on nutrition or healthy meals.