Replies

• GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you won't be saying that in August. Trust me on that. :tongue:
    YES I will. I like it HOT :bigsmile:
  • lookaheadfcsus
    Options
    Come to Europe! Overhere you travel a few hundred miles, and you are in a completely different world. I love it.

Plenty of idiots in Europe. Different kind of idiots than in the states, but still, idiots.

In the same way that the US has a lot of extreme weather, where I live that's simply replaced with soggy and damp isolationism and plain unfriendliness.
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Uh... seriously?
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    NORM!!!!!! You NEED something to look forward to so you're days go by! I'm coming out of my slump because I am excited to move soon! Now I'm just moving an hour south down to Westchester...but I have more of a life down there and can make changes! If you STILL feel this way when Spring comes along...then DO something about it! You have a great job where I'm sure you could transfer or find something where you like the climate better. I think I'm just getting in a better mood also because the days are getting lighter and we turn the clocks ahead this Sat!!! More daylight!!! F the cold! It'll be getting warmer and warmer soon! Keep up with the gym and working out. You eat well, maybe you just need a new hobby? Something to keep you busy and your mind off of this **** Winter. I personally wouldn't want to live out there...weather, as you stated. This was a hell of a Winter in NY, so if it was like this EVERY year...I'd def find somebody to move with me...maybe Cali or S. Carolina. :flowerforyou:

Thanks Sarah....I have been doing ok and my new workout regimen really helped. But we are now in March and there is a ton of snow outside my window. I am also sick today so maybe thats why it all added up and I felt like I should not be living here. I can take a paycut and go to a warmer place, but you know how much I travel, and I can only afford it due to the job.

People forget what a mild winter we had last year. Oh well.
  • NormInv
    Options
    Uh... seriously?

whcih part did you not get honey?
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Aww. It's not so bad. Look at all the pigs and corn ya got in the midwest!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    NORM!!!!!! You NEED something to look forward to so you're days go by! I'm coming out of my slump because I am excited to move soon! Now I'm just moving an hour south down to Westchester...but I have more of a life down there and can make changes! If you STILL feel this way when Spring comes along...then DO something about it! You have a great job where I'm sure you could transfer or find something where you like the climate better. I think I'm just getting in a better mood also because the days are getting lighter and we turn the clocks ahead this Sat!!! More daylight!!! F the cold! It'll be getting warmer and warmer soon! Keep up with the gym and working out. You eat well, maybe you just need a new hobby? Something to keep you busy and your mind off of this **** Winter. I personally wouldn't want to live out there...weather, as you stated. This was a hell of a Winter in NY, so if it was like this EVERY year...I'd def find somebody to move with me...maybe Cali or S. Carolina. :flowerforyou:

Thanks Sarah....I have been doing ok and my new workout regimen really helped. But we are now in March and there is a ton of snow outside my window. I am also sick today so maybe thats why it all added up and I felt like I should not be living here. I can take a paycut and go to a warmer place, but you know how much I travel, and I can only afford it due to the job.

People forget what a mild winter we had last year. Oh well.

The last several winters have been very mild. It's time we got our backsides handed back to us.
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Well I kind of like the Midwest. (Central IL) We have trees, lakes, pastures, fields that smell like granola, skys that you can make shopping carts from the stars, the Cardinals, seasons, corrupt government, decent roads, schools, the Cardinals, limited mosquitos, no hurricanes, our earthquakes are very small, The Cardinals, fair enough taxes, small towns, and country roads. No where is perfect. If you think it is cold here think of those north of you; and if you think this bit of ice today was terrible, not sure where you are but it was certainly worse east of me, and at least when it snows and ices our public servants for the most part know how and have the equipment to deal with it. We eat beef and have THE CARDINALS and opening day is almost here - smell those tickets!
  • NormInv
    Options
    Aww. It's not so bad. Look at all the pigs and corn ya got in the midwest!

eff:ohwell: :noway: :grumble: :explode: :angry: :mad: :laugh:
  • NormInv
    Options
    Well I kind of like the Midwest. (Central IL) We have trees, lakes, pastures, fields that smell like granola, skys that you can make shopping carts from the stars, the Cardinals, seasons, corrupt government, decent roads, schools, the Cardinals, limited mosquitos, no hurricanes, our earthquakes are very small, The Cardinals, fair enough taxes, small towns, and country roads. No where is perfect. If you think it is cold here think of those north of you; and if you think this bit of ice today was terrible, not sure where you are but it was certainly worse east of me, and at least when it snows and ices our public servants for the most part know how and have the equipment to deal with it. We eat beef and have THE CARDINALS and opening day is almost here - smell those tickets!

Haha....well put. I am just not into softball at all.
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should move.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Ugh...I used "you're" instead of "your"....shoot me now. There is a ton of snow outside my window, too! This is why I haven't been into going ANYWHERE except for work and maybe tennis...even tennis has been a battle lately. But SPRING IS COMING!!! And frankly, I don't want my backside handed to me anymore as far as weather goes. :bigsmile:
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    I could live without the months of "will I wear shorts and flip flops or winter coat today" weather. Nearly 80 degrees on day then 30s 2 days later. No kidding.
    I know it SOUNDS good in theory, but it's really a pain because we can't adjust. The cold days feel especially bitter.