can anyone suggest good hunger/craving suppressants?

Options

Replies

• trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Aaaand, she's gone - OP has deactivated her account. That was quick.
    cause we didn't give them an easy answer.
  • raquella17
    raquella17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I chew cinnamon gum, it seems to help me.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Fat, fiber, protein, proper hydration.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options

Dangit!
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    eat lots of protein filled foods to keep you feeling full
    drink plenty of water, you can add some lemon or lime to the water to make it flavored.
    if you find yourself always hungry, break up your meals into three meals with snack in between meals (breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner)
    if you are craving sweets, you are not getting enough sleep

hunger suppressant pills do not work (I've tried)
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options

Dangit!

And we didn't even say anything remotely controversial or confrontational!

1zqvBv7.gif
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I go for a walk.
  • kartrip360
    Options
    Im so with you, OP. I just love snacking! So my solution has been snacks I gotta work for. Snack bag of edimame at night watching tvhas replaced my chips, and sunflower seeds in the shell during school or while on long drives has really helped. I also took up brushing after each meal and popping in a piece of sugar free gum. Im a lot less likely to eat if I have that finished feeling of brushed teeth! (Upside? My smile is way brighter!)
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    The best appetite suppressant I've ever found is food. Doctors don't want you to know about it but my mom recommended it to me a long time ago and I've been using it ever since.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Protein.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Actually, if you use certified pure oils then they are fine to ingest (with the exception of very few). That said, using them topically provides the same benefits. Crazy that people accept harsh chemicals in medicines that they are prescribed, but reject anything natural. I just don't get it.

Who ingests harsh chemicals in medicines? What exactly IS a 'harsh' chemical?
  • Billy323
    Billy323 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Google EC stack. (Ephedrine & Caffeine) I have to force myself to eat when running it. It also give the metabolism a slight boost and acts as a thermogenic.

ephedrine has been banned by the FDA in the US since 2004. Probably good to steer clear.

Ephedra was banned. Ephedrine is available and is being used by many every day.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Google EC stack. (Ephedrine & Caffeine) I have to force myself to eat when running it. It also give the metabolism a slight boost and acts as a thermogenic.

ephedrine has been banned by the FDA in the US since 2004. Probably good to steer clear.

Also, ephedra alkaloids are still available, but they are crap compared to ephedra. I miss ephedra. :sad:
  • maccazan
    maccazan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Coffee and green tea does the trick for me. Also sugar free gum... sometimes it is just anxiety, and I just eat for the feeling of chewing something.

Adding a teaspoon of coconut oil to my drinks does a wonderful job too.
  • Indiri13
    Indiri13 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Learn to recognize bored eating vs hungry eating. If you are actually hungry, eat something. But if, like me, you often find you want to eat something because you're bored, fill it with something else. If I go to the pantry I ask myself if I'm just bored-hungry. If so, I go drink a glass of water (helps get those ounces in). That usually stops me and I go on until the next craving and repeat.

If I'm getting bored-hungry a lot it means I'm not active enough. Find a project or hobby that can fill more of your down time and you'll find you have less craving eating going on.
  • aleggett321
    aleggett321 Posts: 186 Member
    Options

Ephedrine is an alkaloid found in ephedra species. In other words, the substance ephedrine is an active ingredient of the plant ephedra, also known as ma huang. Although it was banned by the FDA after being linked to sudden deaths and cannot be used in FDA approved medication, it is not illegal and, yes, it can be purchased. I still think its potential for harm is greater than the benefit.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    i often find myself craving things all the time, no matter how much i eat. i was wondering if anyone can suggest any good ways to either distract myself from these cravings or to completely suppress them.
    im not looking for foods that will fill me up btw. im just looking for ways to avoid eating completely at times when i know i shouldn't.
    People have mentioned exercise as a temporary suppressant, but it's hard to do at work.
    Water can help. Add flavor with sugar-free drops (like Mio), or tea.
    Chewing gum (sugar free).
    Hard candy (sugar free). Be aware that if you have too much you get the runs.
    Depending on how overweight you are, your doctor might let you try phentermine. It can control the cravings until your brain & body reset themselves. Isn't supposed to be used more than 3 months at a time, due to blood pressure concerns.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Crazy that people accept harsh chemicals in medicines that they are prescribed, but reject anything natural.
    Who ingests harsh chemicals in medicines? What exactly IS a 'harsh' chemical?
    A 'harsh chemical' is anything the writer disagrees with, often any regular medication (as opposed to using herbs with unknown potency & purity, which is what they prefer).
  • melissaneese85
    Options
    Gt's kombucha is great
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Bodyfit pills ward off the hunger but are $75 a bottle.