Low carb diet for PCOS and HAC1 test.

Options
I'm trying to figure out a good low carb diet, but counting anything other than fat and calories is new to me!

Can I still eat potatoes? A lot of places are telling me to steer clear, but I enjoy leek and potato soup so much!

How many carbs should I be eating?

I understand simple and complex carbs, but how much simple carbs from fuit should make up my daily percentage of carbs!?

And one last thing, I am having an HBAC1 test on Friday morning, is this a good time to start limiting carbs or should I eat what I normally would before the test in-case I mess up the test. Thank you!

Thank you guys x

Replies

• ThinkInOregon
    Options
    The HgA1C test shows the average your blood sugar has been over the past 3 months. If you choose to go low carb or not will really not make much of a difference a few days prior to the test.

A small portion of a pain baked potato is 5-7 carbs. So depending how low you are planning to go, but if you stick with 40-50 carbs/day that does not leave you much room. And remember that if this is a milk/cream based soup, there are carbs in that as well. Simple carbs should be far less than complex carbs to avoid blood sugar spikes.

It really depends what you are wanting to do, and what your goal is.