Not sure how I feel about this one...

Options
2»

Replies

• bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    You can do a special override on fafsa: https://fafsa.ed.gov/fotw1314/help/fahelp29a.htm
    It is there for kids who are homeless (this can even mean living at a friends because they have no where to go), without family support, and are on there own.

That said...I think this girl is being manipulated by people. Especially her friends lawyer father. She is going to lose. I don't think there are any laws that compel a parent to support there child after they turn 18. I will have to look it up though. I think she is being a bit spoiled but I don't know what went on in her house to cause her to move out. 2 sides to every story and all, litigation won't be the answer for their issues.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    She lost the case (unless they appeal, which would be dumb).
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I know, I looked it back up last night... That BF's lawyer daddy is going to have it coming with a nice dose of Karma.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Yeah i saw this on msn, the girl is getting no sympathy. She sounds like a self entitled little brat, which sadly is seeming to be the trend these days. Any judge that goes in her favor should be thrown off the bench.

AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

She hasn't really lost the case. The judge decided not to award her the high school tuition, living expenses, and attorney fees. They are supposed to go to court next month to decide whether or not she should receive her college education fund that her parents had saved for her. He also order the whole family into counseling.

I suspect that if she isn't getting legal fees, the BF's father will be backing out of this.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

She hasn't really lost the case. The judge decided not to award her the high school tuition, living expenses, and attorney fees. They are supposed to go to court next month to decide whether or not she should receive her college education fund that her parents had saved for her. He also order the whole family into counseling.

I suspect that if she isn't getting legal fees, the BF's father will be backing out of this.
    I'm thinking if she didn't get the HS tuition (the one thing I actually thought she should get) she won't get the college money, either.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

I'm thinking if she didn't get the HS tuition (the one thing I actually thought she should get) she won't get the college money, either.

Yeah, I don't think so either. I think the judge mainly dragged this out so that he could force this family to work things out.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

Yeah, I don't think so either. I think the judge mainly dragged this out so that he could force this family to work things out.

thank goodness for justice! I'm sorry, The court system would have run amock with spoiled brat entitled teens following suit, if she had won.