No More Snowflakes!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• MissKim78
    MissKim78 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I'm so sick of this winter.

Besides a super-high heating bill, I've got a busted water pipe, a crack going across my windshield, a cracked shovel, and a slightly wrenched knee. I think I hit the mother of all potholes this morning and I'm kinda hoping that I'll have air in my tire around lunch time.

What's your damage from the winter weather?

This sounds like my life....high heating bill and cracked windshield included!
    Plus my skin is dry and tight and my hair is flying all around my head like I'm possessed. So then everything I touch now conducts electricity! lol

I live in NS Canada....so we see Winter from about November to May!
    Sick, Sick, SIIIIICK of winter!

I want tanned skin, warm sun and green (not white) everywhere!
  • MissKim78
    MissKim78 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I'm in Chicago, Polar Vortex and Lake Michigan is at 90% frozen and we have had the coldest and snowiest winter in decades. I'm tired of the layers, the snow, the backbreaking work to dig ourselves out, the shoveling because the snow blower doesn't throw it that high.

Damage: being rear ended $650, heating bill $250 for 3 months, new boots $175, new snowblower $400, frozen pipe plumbing call out $145, lost time at work - priceless... Nevermind the amount of salt we have used, the potential gutter issue when it finally thaws...

GET ME OUT OF HERE!

Only $250 for heating for three months??? What type of heat do you use and how big is your living space?? My last TWO month (Nov-Jan) electric bill (electric heat & lights etc), was $500!! There is another one coming out soon for Jan-Mar....I am fearing that one pretty bad! I also live in a basement apartment of an older, barely insulated house with horrible single pane windows (which we have plastic over).
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    (totally aware of the other kind of snowflake. I figured if I made a thread for that topic, I'd get a strike or something).

$320 to replace the windshield. No auto insurance coverage on that.
    $400 to fix water pipe and repaint the basement myself.
    My heating bill for the last two months has been about $1000 (not counting electric bill)
    I'm glad to report that the pothole to hell didn't destroy my tire. My alignment was probably messed up already anyways.

I love snow, hate the ice, and hate hate hate the cold. I can handle a nice normal winter but this has been insane. I shoveled off my driveway yesterday and discovered a layer of ice underneath because sleet/freezing rain fell first.

My neighbor has a tree going through the master bedroom right now (and everyone is safe) so I'm counting my blessings that nothing like that has happened to us.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    You're going to hate me..........but

Last Sat, we were 82 degrees and sunny, Sunday, 77 degrees with blue skies and sun, and the mountain laurels and red bud trees are blooming

the birds are all over, squirrels in my pecan tree, and more signs of spring.............sigh, Im in Texas

but this August, you all can make digs at me, it will be in the 100s

note, my heat bill and electric combined was 88.00...........very low in the winter, high in the summer.........