100+ pounds to lose

Options
I am down 52 pounds as of today but I still have 70 pounds to go. I need some more friends that are active with mfp and will encourage me. Getting some friends who also have a lot of weight to lose would be fantastic!

Replies

• perfectangel09
    Options
    I would love to be your friend on mfp. I dont have much to lose but I can be very supportive
  • MissLCWolff
    MissLCWolff Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend! I'm down 10 pounds but still have at least 97 to go.
  • CalkinsBlock
    Options
    I am in the same boat - I would like to loose 100 lbs. - and started in November, only down 15 lbs. but several inches. I am using mfp to log my daily food intake and I have a fitbit that I have had since the end of January and am forcing myself to get in 8000+ steps a day (which is difficult in the bitter cold and when you have a desk job) I also started doing the C25K ap. to obtain more steps and get me somewhat jogging - I do this around my kitchen island and dining room table (making a figure 8) since I am unable to go out side and don't want to invest in a gym membership.

My Husband's employer is doing some challenges each month - which is helping motivate me - this month is the Healthy Eating Challenge - where we are to eat 3 of their healthy recipes each week. So we will see what this does for me at the end of the month - hopefully down some more.

Do you have any tips for me?
  • Tracie524
    Tracie524 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have 130 pounds to lose. Feel free to add me. Congrats on losing the 52 pounds!
  • BlakeKellyD
    BlakeKellyD Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'd love to become friends! I've got 75+ lbs more to lose before I am at my healthy weight. :)
  • tffnylou
    tffnylou Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I also have more than 100lbs to lose, i'll send you a friend request!
  • PibbleLover88
    PibbleLover88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Just getting started here - but also have a lot to lose. Sending friend requests to a bunch of you! Feel free to add me :-)
  • kartrip360
    Options
    I just started on here. Have 55 to lose, would love to have motivation and some buddies on here for support :)
  • batesmama
    batesmama Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Let's do this!!!
  • amblight
    amblight Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

I need to lose 110-128lbs, and I'm almost 50lbs down by down, so we are in a very similar situation it seems! :)
  • Gemma_Louisex
    Gemma_Louisex Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've lost like 40 and still have just over 100lbs to lose and I would LOVE to make some friends with the same amount to lose!! Please anyone feel free to add me.
  • tannadine
    tannadine Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Possibly a bit of a dumb question, but how do you add people as friends? Would be really jazzed to have some more vibrant, positive people on my news feed :)
  • tannadine
    tannadine Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Never mind, found it! :)
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I've got 100 pounds to lose still, feel free to add me. I need to keep myself motivated as it's going to be a long journey!!:smile: more the merrier!
  • amlynn16
    amlynn16 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You all are more then welcome to add me as a friend. I've lost 110 pounds. I'm maintaining now. I would ultimately like to lose 10 pounds, but I'm also trying to tone up, so it's going to be hard for me at the moment since I'm building muscle. I know what it's like to need to loose the weight!
  • MrsHuffmanNC
    MrsHuffmanNC Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Love to be friends. I am just getting started on MFP but I started all this about 36 days ago, I would like to loose 100 pounds by Valentines Day 2015!
  • CalkinsBlock
    Options
    Ok Everyone - this is a recipe that I will be trying this week (off my Husband's work website for Healthy Ways). May add chicken toward the end of the week.

Corn and Black Bean Salad

Preparation Time: 20 minutes

Serves: 8

Ingredients:
    •2 15-oz. cans black beans, rinsed and drained
    •2 cups frozen corn kernels
    •¾ cup red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
    •¾ cup orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
    •¾ cup white sweet onion, finely chopped
    •1 large fresh tomato, chopped
    •2 small jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely minced
    •½ cup fresh cilantro or parsley, finely chopped
    •¼ cup fresh lime juice
    •1 clove garlic, minced
    •½ teaspoon ground cumin
    •½ teaspoon ground coriander
    •¼ cup olive oil

Instructions:
    •Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Fold gently to mix well. Chill and serve.

Nutritional Facts:
    •Calories: 204
    •Total Fat: 8g
    •Saturated Fat: 1g
    •% Calories from Fat: 35%
    •Protein: 7g
    •Carbohydrates: 27g
    •Cholesterol: 0mg
  • sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I have 100+ to lose. I'm here everyday and try to offer support as much as possible.

Anyone can add me.
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I sent you a FR! I have 130lbs to loose and have lost 59lbs so far!!
  • gurlygirlrcr80
    gurlygirlrcr80 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm still working on my journey, I have another 40 to go but I've lost 100 already and I'd love to help :) feel free to friend request me.