Booty Slide Workout

Options
Ok - does anyone do this and do you count it as Cardio or Strength?

I don't own a HRM (and can't afford to go buy one right now - so don't even tell me that is the most accurate way to determine - I know that) But I am trying to get an estimate of calories used - and can't seem to find anything.

Any guidance would be great - I'd like to log the work out (I got the DVD/and stuff on clearance for $5) and I tell you - my booty is sore!

Replies

• jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    ** Bump** Does anyone know what category I might log this in - I can't decide if it is cardio? or more like a body weight work out??
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Could you describe the workout routine? If it includes a mix of cardio (jumping jacks, running in place, etc) and strength (squats, lunges, push-ups, etc) then probably the best listing would be circuit training.
  • jlynnm70
    Options
    the one I did was a lot of leg lifts, squats, lunges, etc. I didn't do the Cardio one - this I was either squating a lot - or on my hands and knees doing leg work. (lots of reps)

The Cardio one makes you move more (sliding) as well as the other movements. That I know would probably be circuit because of doing both.
  • Lizabelle1212
    Lizabelle1212 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    If you're doing a lot of squats, lunges, etc with just your body weight, with little cardio movement, then maybe calisthenics?
  • jlynnm70
    Options
    That makes sense. Thank you.