Addicted to buying workout clothes!!

Options

Replies

• JenGemx8x9x
    Options
    I fantasize about buying them! Whenever we are at a store I check out the "active" area, we cant afford much now, but it gets me excited for when things turn around financially for my family!
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I have two workout outfits that I alternate each day. Wash, wear, reapeat. I'd rather spend my money on everyday clothes that fit so I don't have to wear baggy stuff anymore. I've also only been working out since Sept 2013 so I'm not that into yet. Maybe after a year or so I might feel differently.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I do! lol

Whenever there's a sale, I'm there. I've slowed down a tad on buying workout pants and shorts.. I've been buying them slightly smaller than I am now so I can have something to wear once I lose a few more lbs!
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I saw the title of this thread and immediately went on line and ordered new running gear....in my defence I do actually need what I bought.....really.....I do!
  • likeabanner
    likeabanner Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to workout SHOES. I seriously have about 7 pairs of Adidas... but to be fair, it's the only shoe I can wear comfortably with how I shift my weight. So I wear them all the time at work, then another part for day to day things, then another pair for the gym. So... okay I have 3 pairs still in boxes. :x
  • jaz141
    jaz141 Posts: 32
    Options
    I am definitely addicted! It's a great way to reward myself that doesn't involve food, and like you said, I actually look forward to workouts more when i have new gear to wear! I am currently loving the loose fitting tanks with the built in bras.
  • TanyaGirl76
    TanyaGirl76 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Everyone is just addicted to everything these days....

I do buy quite a bit in the way of fitness gear, but I'd not really call it an addiction...more like paying for my hobbies

That is a good way to look at it!
  • GRUNO
    GRUNO Posts: 98
    Options
    I just found this website by accident. When you sign up for emails you can get a whole outfit starting at $25. Haven't ordered yet so I can't attest to the quality.

http://www.fabletics.com/

They also have a site called JustFab with clothes, shoes and bags. All super inexpensive. I think I'm going to order a few things and try them out.
  • TanyaGirl76
    Options
    I also love buying workout clothes! I got super motivated when all of my size Large pants started falling off during gym classes! I'm still waiting to buy smaller sports bras, though :(

I think that there is something to having clothes that make you feel confident at the gym or running around the neighborhood.

For the person who asked for ideas on places to buy, I love Fabletics. I got my first outfit half off. Since then, I've purchased two more. TJ Maxx has some good stuff, too. When I was in college, I preferred tank tops, but now that I'm a little older and want some more coverage, I have found some great cotton V necks at Kohls from the Sonoma Collection. I buy them a little bit large. If I'm going to a yoga class or something with bending, I wear a tank under it. If I'm just walking on the treadmill or jogging in the neighborhood, I wear it alone.

Just checked out Fabletics's site you were talking about! Very cute stuff!
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    You should try cycling.

I have more tights than a grade 3 production of "Peter Pan".

And I'm a bloke...
  • TanyaGirl76
    Options
    I am definitely addicted! It's a great way to reward myself that doesn't involve food, and like you said, I actually look forward to workouts more when i have new gear to wear! I am currently loving the loose fitting tanks with the built in bras.

I love those too! Just got a nice LULU (I know shock) on clearance last week!
  • Kita328
    Kita328 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    As long as you use the workout clothes to actually workout- I say have at it!

I splurge on workout clothes so I don't have a ton but I do love buying workout clothes. I just went on Friday and bought new pants!
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    My only dedicated "workout wear" is a couple sport bras and the shirts that are required wear for members at my KM studio. But I went through a phase... When form-fitting shirts and tanks started looking good on me, I suddenly discovered that I had to have them in every color. I wear them all the time now, not just in the gym; it's a nice change from hiding myself under all black clothes and super baggy t-shirts. :smile:
  • Beet_Girl
    Beet_Girl Posts: 102
    Options
    I've found some awesome stuff at Goodwill. My favorite is a bright pink Nike running jacket I found for $7. Like new!
  • OMGSugarOHNOS
    OMGSugarOHNOS Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    posting pictures modeling said workout gear isn't frowned upon here....I don't think.
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time finding workout pants and tights that are long enough...:ohwell: I'm 5'10 and most of the yoga type pants look like high waters on me...any suggestions??
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    You should try cycling.

I have more tights than a grade 3 production of "Peter Pan".

And I'm a bloke...

And THAT is an image I'm gonna use much much later..when not in an office full of people..and spending some quality time alone with my lady jam...:bigsmile:
  • liftsforchocolate
    Options
    addicted to compression tights and yoga pants...

still need better shoes though
  • FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I can go about 2 weeks worth of workout clothes and own one pair of jeans....
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    It's so crazy . . . I never thought of even going to a gym and sweating and now it is like a new addition!

My excuse is that I have gone down in sizes so therefore not to look like a slob I need workout clothes that fit - it just so happens that new workout clothes also motivate me to workout :smile:

My best recent find is a yellow Calvin Klein top, with a double ruffle at the hem - because of course who doesn't need bright yellow ruffles on their butt to help remind them why they are working out to begin with.

I am just starting to add running shoes to my collection.