mfp giving me the wrong amount of calories, anyone else

Options
I am 5'2 and 9st 7lbs. I want to slowly reduce my weight by a stone. I always make sure that I do plenty of walking but even if I put lightly active in MFP tells me that I maintain my current weight at about 1,820 calories a day. I have been slowly losing weight at around that amount. I am confused. I was this weight for ages before I was pregnant and my maintenance was 2,000 calories then. I gained a lot of weight which I have lost most of but I have about an inch of stubborn belly fat that I did not have before at this weight and the appearance of my stomach is worse so I want to be lighter to lose it. I am a SAHM and would class myself as lightly active.

EDIT:

I haven't used it wrong, it's just underestimating the amount I need to eat. I would class myself as sedentary if it wasn't for the walking I did, as I do spend a lot of the time sitting. It says a 'professional cleaner' would be lightly active and I am no more active than that including the amount of walking I do.

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    That maintenance number is with NO exercise expected. Those activity levels have nothing to do with exercise, but daily work life.

You notice that when your log your walking as exercise - and that is highly accurate if you indeed hit that speed stated at level mark - your calorie goal goes up.

If you want to slowly reduce, which weight loss goal did you take?

But you are correct, if you use tool wrong, it will give you wrong info.