thinking of doing C25k!!

Options
Ok so i was reading up on C25k and I really want to do it. I saw a few apps on my Iphone and will probably do it from there!

Anyone have any suggestions or comments for me? thanks!!

Replies

• betheranne
    Options
    I started it (for the 3rd time) yesterday. My first piece of advice would be to take it slow. The last time I started it (during a crazy humid heat wave in Iowa), I did week 1 two weeks in a row. It took me that long to feel comfortable with those running times.

I have an android phone, I love the C25K app, it just rings each time I'm supposed to switch. I also use an app called jog tracker. I turn on the GPS and it will track how far I go. I like seeing the full distance.

Good luck!
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I'm in my last week of C25K right now and I've loved it! Definitely use an app or podcasts or something to run with. Also use the forums on MFP for encouragement. A lot of people have done C25K, so there's a lot of support, and you could probably start a group to go through the program with you. Be prepared to repeat weeks; almost everyone I've talked to repeated at least Week1, if not more. And be prepared to not want to do it. It's gonna happen. As with any exercise, do it anyways. You'll often find that those are some of your best walks/runs. :)

GOOD LUCK!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of doing it too... I just have to get up early enough in the mornings to do it! Definitely do a podcast, at least during the weeks with all of the interval training. If you are looking for a buddy, I'd love to join a group! I may be taking it slower than the 9 weeks but I'm hoping to get through!
  • emarcia28
    emarcia28 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    hmm I'm definitely excited to start! I think i will start Monday! I have a feeling i may be doing some weeks twice!! ill look into some groups!! thanks everyone! :flowerforyou: