Eating 1500 a day.. I'm not losing any weight.. Help!

Options

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I had a bit of a setback so wasn't taking it seriously and didn't fill out my diary.. But I've been filing it out consistently for the last few days as I want to be serious about it.

There you go. It's only been a few days since you've been logging consistently, so just give it more time. It's going to take more than a few days to see results.
  • annamariecoldman
    Options
    Ok so I just looked up TDEE and for my lifestyle (currently sedentary) it says to eat 1670 a day. Someone said to then take 25% off that? Is that correct and why do I need to x
  • claudie08
    claudie08 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck too. I haven't lost a thing in over a month. In fact, I gained weight last month and can't seem to make any progress. I was told to increase my calories and I've increased my activity as well. I hope to see SOMETHING positive by end of week.
  • annamariecoldman
    Options
    I'm stuck too. I haven't lost a thing in over a month. In fact, I gained weight last month and can't seem to make any progress. I was told to increase my calories and I've increased my activity as well. I hope to see SOMETHING positive by end of week.

U can do it!! Keep going good luck xxx
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    You talk about a gym. Are you working out? Have you starting working out harder since you starting logging in earnest? Are you pretty sore? If so, it's water weight -- sore muscles = retained water. Once the soreness goes away (roughly four days), you'll suddenly drop a bunch of weight at once.
  • I_Will_End_You
    Options
    Ok so I just looked up TDEE and for my lifestyle (currently sedentary) it says to eat 1670 a day. Someone said to then take 25% off that? Is that correct and why do I need to x

Do you lay in bed all day, watch TV and do nothing? If not, you aren't sedentary. Most people are at least lightly active.
  • annamariecoldman
    Options

Do you lay in bed all day, watch TV and do nothing? If not, you aren't sedentary. Most people are at least lightly active.

Ahh I get it now! Sorry I'm very new to this whole thing I kinda need spoon feeding! So If I work it out again at a lightly active level then that should be more accurate. I aim to do 3 x 30 minute workouts at home a week as getting to a gym is hard for me as my schedule is very busy
  • annamariecoldman
    Options
    You talk about a gym. Are you working out? Have you starting working out harder since you starting logging in earnest? Are you pretty sore? If so, it's water weight -- sore muscles = retained water. Once the soreness goes away (roughly four days), you'll suddenly drop a bunch of weight at once.

Not currently working out but aiming to do 3 x 30 minute workouts a week at home. This does explain why I was struggling before though!
  • I_Will_End_You
    Options
    Ahh I get it now! Sorry I'm very new to this whole thing I kinda need spoon feeding! So If I work it out again at a lightly active level then that should be more accurate. I aim to do 3 x 30 minute workouts at home a week as getting to a gym is hard for me as my schedule is very busy

Yes, if you have a busy schedule and workout 3 times a week, you aren't sedentary. I think if you stick with consistent logging for longer, you'll start seeing results.
  • annamariecoldman
    Options
    Worked it out 1626!! Day 1 tomorrow going to log everything and see how it goes :) thanks everyone xx
  • Aroseand2thorns
    Options
    watch how many carbs your taking in daily and are you excersing?
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost weight in 6 weeks now. I'm doing TDEE 1800 a day what am I doing wrong?
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Worked it out 1626!! Day 1 tomorrow going to log everything and see how it goes :) thanks everyone xx

Best of luck to you, hope you see the results you are looking for!
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost weight in 6 weeks now. I'm doing TDEE 1800 a day what am I doing wrong?

Are you eating at your TDEE or below? Eating at TDEE will help you I maintain, not lose. Eating at a deficit will help you lose.
  • GothicaAdore
    GothicaAdore Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I aim for 1340 (This week I haven't been very good) and I don't lose weight every week.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Thanks my diary is now public x
    [/quote

I would suggest that you re-evaluate some of your entries because some didn't seem right to me. It seems odd that coffee with skim milk, skim milk by itself, broccoli, and Slim Fast show 0 protein, fats and carbs. Crumpets do have carbs, scrambled eggs and ham have protein, hazelnut chocolate has carbs., etc.

Please check the labels; many entries in the MFP database are wrong and you are cheating yourself by not registering the correct macros and maybe even calories.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I am eating 1500 a day, which I've been told is my BMR. I'm still not losing any weight. Anyone else similar to this or can anybody offer any help or advice?

You have a baby. Are you sure you are sedentary?

I have a desk job and even my activity is not sedentary, it's set to active. I've lost almost 40 pounds.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    once you figure out your bmr then it has to be multiplied by your daily activity level. This will be your total daily energy expenditure TDEE, then you can figure out what your weigth loss deficit will be like minus 500 to 1000. THat is what you need to eat. Example: lightly active says to multiply bmr by 1.32. THat is TDEE. Of course mfp does this for you in your goals. I say reduce your calories by 100 for a week. IF no loss then try another 100. Raise your heart rate (exercise) at least three times a week. Its a learning experience and we have to listen to our bodies to make this work. Just be patient, take your measurements, and know that everyday you stick with being more healthy is like adding another day to your life. The scale doesn't always measure all the hard work and time you have put into this. I go up and down with my calories just like I have suggested when I have hit a plateau
  • Carolyn321SD
    Carolyn321SD Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Based on my own experience, I recommend filling out the MFP profile with your stats and leave the activity as sedentary. Then, and this is very important, log all of your exercise. While many people may advocate for not "eating back your calories" I think it'll give you a more reasonable view of what you really need to eat. Also, just because you "earned" them back doesn't mean you have to eat them.

My top two recommendations for you is to first measure, measure and measure. Weigh all your food. It really helped me realize that I had no concept of what serving sizes really looked like. Especially my favorite, peanut butter. Don't trust pre-packaged food either. Still weigh it as they're allowed a margin of error that could lead to excess calories you're not taking into account.

Second, get a heart rate monitor that calculates calories burned. There's loads of brands at all sorts of price points. Do your research and figure out what bells and whistles you prefer. You can easily get one for less than $100 and you won't regret it when you start seeing how much you can burn. *Get one with the strap you wear around your chest. They're much more accurate.

Once you have a HRM, take a full day to wear it while doing your normal activities. Don't exercise. Eat, sleep, clean the house. Whatever's normal. Wear it a full 24 hours and see how many calories you burn "just living your life". That'll be a perfect way to pinpoint your TDEE.
  • KnitKnots
    KnitKnots Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Are you logging everything that goes into your mouth including all beverages and things used to cook with (butter, oil, marinade, etc.)?

Are you using a digital food scale to accurately weigh everything in grams? Measuring cups/spoons are deceitful. Most people drastically underestimate the amount of calories they're consuming.

How would you recommend measuring your food? What if I want to eat mini wheats and it says the serving size is a cup? How would I measure that on a scale?