Needing Support!

Options
Hello everyone!
I thought maybe it would help to meet some people struggling like me if I introduce myself!c :) I am 26 years old and recently married and want to make a final committment to being healthy! Sounds easier than it actually is, unfortunately. I can't seem to find a "healthy groove". I have a very unhealthy obsession with food that weighs on my mind and body constantly! I went walking with some friends from work this morning. We walked a mile! YES! I'm going to try and take it one day at a time, but I have 50+ pounds to lose and it seems like it will take an eternity. Any suggestions on how you started and stayed motivated???

Replies

• brockly25
    Options
    Hi buddy :). Yeah we can help you in your battle :).
    The way I think it would help you is. Write everything you eat
    No matter what. Big tub of Ben and jerrys chunnky monkey
    To the carrot in your salad. You know you should t have it but if you
    Do write it down. It will show you what your putting in your body
    Yeah I have bad days too but it will train your mind to think the right thing :)

And 2nd. Try to hit the 8 cup of water aday. I know you not goin to do it ever day
    But put down what you do, do :). And if you need to talk or anyone. I'm right here :)
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome! I know it seems like such a daunting task at first but like you said one day at a time! And the time goes faster than you think. I agree with the water. For some reason i think maybe the weather i've not been drinking my 8+ glasses and its been way harder to control my appetite. You can do this! I'm here for you just add me.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Not only a day at a time but a pound at a time! Make some small goals like celebrate the first 5 lbs and then set a new goal after that.

Sounds like you are on a good start with the walking and coming here!!

Good luck!

Katie (aka Kekibird)
  • mjgriff44
    Options
    You can do anything.....especially with a little help from friends!!! I'll help.....thats what I like to do!! :bigsmile:
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    If you bite it you write it.

Workout! You can do ANYTHING for 20 minutes! :) I have been working out for a week and a half now. nothing major, just 20 minutes a day and even though I haven't lost much, I feel better!
  • FitBy30_2014
    FitBy30_2014 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great tips and support everyone! I had a nice salad for lunch and did some stair climbing on lunch as well. I already feel better on the first day. I hope I can keep my spirits up! :) I know I can do it!
  • Beebee78
    Options
    You've come to the right place for support :)! Personally I have a lot motivating me but honestly once you get started the good feeling you get from being fit and healthy will boost you no end xxx
  • Abanda08
    Options
    I'm here if you need me. I am new and need support too so we can join forces and help each other out...I am looking forward to this endeavor and best of luck!!!
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Welcome - I just added you. We can help motivate each other. You can do this - it just takes time. You should be proud that you walked 1 mile today - that is a great start.

Keep me posted on your journey - you are on your way!! :flowerforyou:
  • sgirl29
    sgirl29 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You'll be fine just take it one day at a time.... Baby steps. Small changes equal big results. Stay positive, keep the faith, and never ever give up... Good Luck. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. :)