2 months progress and no weight loss?

Options
2»

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    --- I regret posting here.
    The amount of disrespect in very little time is amazing.
    I expect it to continue after this edit as well.

The only disrespect in this thread came from you, OP. You were given good (actually, the correct) advice, and you (somehow) decided that you know more, even though what you're doing isn't working.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

The only disrespect in this thread came from you, OP. You were given good (actually, the correct) advice, and you (somehow) decided that you know more, even though what you're doing isn't working.

Hence the reason she deleted all her comments. Good luck OP. :noway:
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

Well, I hope you come back and tell us all what the correct answer was soon. I mean, if you're going to tell us all that we're wrong you could at least fill us in on what you wanted to hear.

Best of luck in your journey, anyway.
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options

Well.... it looks like you are asking for help, yet you are not listening! You have some people who have lost a lot of weight on here trying to advise you. I highly suggest you have someone at your gym, as in a fitness trainer look at your HRM and see if it is correct.

If you aren't losing anything then something is not right, either you are consuming too many calories and/or you are counting too much burn. Try not counting or only counting 1/2 of burned calories (eating back). If that still does not work, then start reducing your calories by 200 and see if anything happens.

Keep in mind people are trying to help, obviously if what you are doing was working, which if all the numbers are correct it absolutely would be, then it might be time to listen to why it might not be.
  • deadbambi
    deadbambi Posts: 368
    Options
    I am not sure why I am the one considered disrespectful when all it was that I did was defend myself against someone that was falsely accusing me of not burning as much calories as I said I was. I do not question others on the amount they burn, I'm not sure why you feel the need to do the same for me. I know I am not wrong in the calorie burning, because in a circuit of weight training, you can most certainly burn 300+ calories in 30+ minutes. You don't know what my routine is, so it's not even plausible for you to argue against it.

Perhaps if it had been worded nicer instead of telling me that I was "absolutely not" burning that many calories, I too would have responded much more kindly.

The end of this story is that my calorie burn is not wrong-- because I stay at the gym for 2-3 hours and work very very hard to burn as many as I can. This would be like me telling someone there's no way they burn 1000 calories in one hour of Zumba (but, as everyone is different, this is very possible).

I never decided I "Knew more", I simply am standing by the statement and truth of what I personally do at the gym on the daily.

I've taken it into consideration to not eat back my calories, and have knocked an extra hundred off my total for the day.
    Hopefully this works.

I feel this thread is no longer needed as it seems to have gone slightly awry.
    Thank you for those that had advice to pitch,
    and for the rest, it's too bad that me having to back up what I do while no one else is around is considered disrespectful-- though I suppose that is the risk you take posting in a public forum.

Won't be checking back here-- feel free to send me a private message if you have anything further you'd like to discuss.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • blb85
    blb85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I was looking through your diary, and I think the issues aren't in the exercise being counted differently... I believe nutrition is the thing you need to look at more closely. Now, I'm not going to sit here and say "don't eat mcdonald's. don't drink alcohol." because I would be a hypocrite! But I do think you need to look at these days more closely, eating/drinking more than 3,000 calories is TOO MUCH in one day! Even if you are working-out that day. Try to be more consciousness these days about what you are doing, get more clean/nutritious food to fill you up!

Then the day after the drinking and big calorie eats, make sure you are eating more veggies/fruits/water to detox your body! Stay away from the processed foods that are full of bad fats and salt! It's not always about how much you eat/drink, but how nutritious it is for you! You just need to be more realistic about what you are doing to your body (putting in it!) and your goals for your body.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

I've taken it into consideration to not eat back my calories, and have knocked an extra hundred off my total for the day.
    Hopefully this works.

Which would indicate that you believe that you are not, in fact, burning that many Calories. Like has been suggested. As such, you are admitting that you have no idea what you're doing and/or talking about.

Of course, you won't see this...
  • ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    You know, I was once 20 and I understand emotions. I'm a woman just like you. I apologize that my phrasing upset you, it was my intention to help, but now I just feel like a jerk. I was stating a fact, not "questioning" you or calling you a liar or saying you are stupid. Simply misinformed.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother. =\
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

Yup, the only rude and disrespectful person on this thread was you.

110730-butthurt.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    You know, I was once 20 and I understand emotions. I'm a woman just like you. I apologize that my phrasing upset you, it was my intention to help, but now I just feel like a jerk. I was stating a fact, not "questioning" you or calling you a liar or saying you are stupid. Simply misinformed.

You aren't the jerk...You were trying to help. She would rather stick her fingers in her ears while sticking her tongue out at you.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options

I saw nothing wrong with your post! :) Dont feel like a jerk
  • megsta91
    megsta91 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I do not question others on the amount they burn, I'm not sure why you feel the need to do the same for me.

well of course people are going to question the amount you burn...you're asking for weight loss advice. there's only two things to question;calories in and calories out.

lolol
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    You asked a question OP: People will tell you what they think they know. You can respectfully either take it or leave it. No need to be rude to people who bothered to try and help.
    Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    Formulas, step counters and HRM cannot acurately predict exactly how many calories YOU (or I) are burning. They are always based on averages and very few people are actually average so we have to adjust our eating to fit with our own burn. The HRM will give you a rough estimate but then if you're very carefully counting calories to less than that burn rate and not losing then the estimate must be higher than what you are really burning so you have to adjust and drop say 100 calories. You see if that works and drop more if necessary. If you're not losing then you are either over estimating your burn or underestimating your intake. It really is that simple.