Problems with loudmouths in the gym

Options
2»

Replies

• AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Thank you for those *kitten* are being supportive. I am just going to keep being real and bringing it. I shouldn't have to hide who I am.

You should strip while you're at it. If seeing my boyfriend take off one article of clothing after another is what's going to get me to do one, two, three more reps, then so be it!! You're super supportive! She should appreciate you for you.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Thank you for those who are being supportive. I am just going to keep being real and bringing it. I shouldn't have to hide who I am.

*misspelled a word.

no sir. Golf clap and Post-It notes or you don't get invited back.
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Prior to joining the gym that I go to, loudmouths would have gotten into my head. Now I'm one of the loudmouths. Those people that are uncomfortable should get better headphones.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    Thank you for those who are being supportive. I am just going to keep being real and bringing it. I shouldn't have to hide who I am.

*misspelled a word.

:noway: I'll bring some post it notes. I won't tell you whats written on them.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

*misspelled a word.

:noway: I'll bring some post it notes. I won't tell you whats written on them.

that is not being supportive. I guess we must revisit the meaning of compromise....
  • GeekdGirl
    GeekdGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    How dare you!

Yeah, just kidding! Love it! Yell louder next time!!! Support is great :D
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I'm a little impartial to this unless it were to continue throughotu the ENTIRE workout. i would definitely be annoyed. But not as annoyed as the guy that slams down the weight while grunting loudly every rep. every day. every time. That annoys me - but it's his routine and it's my preference and I don't own the gym....

In any case - it's great that you are supportive but ask her how you can be supportive. If my husband is just standing there watching me, that's supportive to me. He might say "do one more" but I just want to know he's watching and paying attention for me to get the support.

If he yelled at me I'd probably laugh and drop everything....
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    She's a great woman for allowing you time to write this post before killing you.

Facebook-Like-Button-vector-299x203_zpsaaca6f20.gif
  • djnine6
    djnine6 Posts: 1
    Options
    This is soooooooooo funny lol Good Job
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    I would have been mortified. :noway: Poor girl!
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    bwahaha that's awesome!
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Options
    that is not being supportive. I guess we must revisit the meaning of compromise....

Whats this compromise? I'm totally going to ROCK the gym now! sticky notes prepped. Just wait! WOO! WOO!!! Here comes the muscle train!
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Options
    I would have been mortified. :noway: Poor girl!

she hasn't broken up with me yet.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Oddly. . hollering in my face while I'm trying to muster my last bit of strength doesn't help me. On the contrary, It requires me to redirect some of my energy to the part of my brain that desperately wants to tell you to go f*** yourself.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Personally, I love this and find it hilarious.
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I'm far from loud in my gym, but I do like to give and receive words of encouragement on the final sets. "Ok, last one, you got this! Go go go!" I feel like it psychs me up.

Like someone mentioned though, it's about atmosphere. Music is so low sometimes (don't get me started on the music selection) and everything is so quiet you'd think you're at the library sometimes (I feel bad grunting on my squats and dedlifts). Personally I like it loud.