Warm/hot water

Options
Is there any benefit to drinking warm or hot water? I know warm lemon water is good, but what about plain? Or unsweetened herbal tea?

Replies

• ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I heard drinking room temp water was better for your system because it's less shocking than cold, but I'm really not entirely sure how accurate it is, I have absolutely no references.

As far as weight loss is concerned, hot or warm water isn't going to make a difference. Some people do feel like warm/hot liquids can help stave off hunger for a little while though.

Herbal tea can have many health benefits, but none of which will quicken fat loss, only a calorie deficit does that.
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I drink hot water all the time...but that's because it's FREEZING out!! Stupid winter!!

I don't know if there are any benefits other than keeping my hands and insides toasty warm. :smile:
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    If the question is whether hot water, with or without lemon, vinegar or whatever, will help you lose weight or become more fit, the answer is No. If you like hot water though, obviously it will not hurt. And will keep your hands warm :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Maybe....

Nutrition-Pyramid-BW6.png

But it would probably be like a 10 on this hierarchy ^^^.

That is to say if there are any, they are completely negligible. Spending any amount of energy even contemplating this stuff just takes your focus off of what is actually important. There are not short cuts or magic potions...
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Drinking warm lemon water isn't going to do anything for you. Only drink it if you like it. Warm vs. cold water isn't going to make a difference.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Drinking warm lemon water isn't going to do anything for you. Only drink it if you like it. Warm vs. cold water isn't going to make a difference.
    bingo.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    No.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Is there any benefit to drinking warm or hot water? I know warm lemon water is good, but what about plain? Or unsweetened herbal tea?

Benefit to weight loss? No, other than some type of placebo affect. Your body does burn extra calories to cool hot beverages and to warm cold, but if every drink you drank was either hot or cold, the extra calories burned would not add up to even 1 lb per year.

Drink your water at whatever temperature you prefer.