calories in pork cracklin???

Options
kingon8
kingon8 Posts: 200 Member
Hey all, my father in law makes cracklin and yesterday I ate quite a bit of it, however after I got home I couldnt find anything but one site with calories for cracklin. It said 80 calories for 1/2 oz. I cant figure out how much that is and I dont have a food scale. I am trying to find out about how many calories per cup. If someone can please give me an idea, I would appreciate it!!!

Replies

• kingon8
    kingon8 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hey all, my father in law makes cracklin and yesterday I ate quite a bit of it, however after I got home I couldnt find anything but one site with calories for cracklin. It said 80 calories for 1/2 oz. I cant figure out how much that is and I dont have a food scale. I am trying to find out about how many calories per cup. If someone can please give me an idea, I would appreciate it!!!
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I don't know what cracklin is, but there is 8 oz to a cup, so if you have a 1/2 oz serving, I would figure you would times it by 16 to get the 1 cup results.
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Sorry, fluid oz and weight are two different things. 8 oz is one cup of liquid but there is no way of relating that to calories per serving of a solid.

For solids:

1lb = 16 oz = 32 half oz. servings.

32 x 80 = 2560 calories per pound.

Please tell me you didn't eat more than a pound.

By comparison, a 1 oz bag of chips could be between 150 - 190 calories. Sounds like pork cracklins are in the same ball park. Try looking up the nutritional info for "pork rinds" for a better estimate.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Oh yum yum!! My mom used to make cracklin cornbread when I was a kid. I'd forgotten all about that.
  • Phatmomma
    Phatmomma Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Oh yum yum!! My mom used to make cracklin cornbread when I was a kid. I'd forgotten all about that.
    My grammy too. and they put honey and real butter on it. And they never ever got fat lol. Waaaah!
  • lovesdaisies
    Options
    You probably can't find a lot of info on calories for pork cracklin' because it's not really a "diet" food. I chuckled when I saw the subject line. I used to LOVE this stuff. But anything involving fried pig skin - well - if it were me, I'd avoid it. :-) Maybe sprinkle some Bacos on your salad...might give you the same thrill.

No...never mind. Nowhere close. Okay, Soy Bacon??? :-)