I know this sounds silly but....

Options
That Popeyes Chicken commercial has been torturing me for the past 24 hrs.
You know, the one that's been coming on yesterday and today advertising the 12 pieces for $8.99 for Today only? UGH!

Gawd knows I want some so, so, sooooo bad that it hurts LOL!
But I' going to be strong and just say no to that good ole golden fried crispy Popeyes Chicken. Sigh!

Replies

• wordsandmusic51
    wordsandmusic51 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Good for you, you will thank yourself and your resistance next time you step on that scale. :) I feel your pain, though, my Mom is from the south and I was raised on friend chicken, one of my FAVORITE things!
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Or..... you could get two legs, green beans and onion rings for 455 calories.
  • ReneeIsReady
    ReneeIsReady Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Serindipte,
    I must admit I do like your way of thinking lol. I'm going to remember your suggestion and use it as my treat once I drop a few more pounds.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    They play those commercials all the time here, but they're frustrating for a different reason. The closest popeye's is over two hours away from my town, lol.
  • ReneeIsReady
    Options
    They play those commercials all the time here, but they're frustrating for a different reason. The closest popeye's is over two hours away from my town, lol.

LMAO
    You're safe!!!
  • wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    We just had Popeyes chicken this weekend, couldn't believe how many calories were in there. So, it will be the last time in a very long time that we buy it again. But, man it was sooo good
  • grumpyldo
    grumpyldo Posts: 21
    Options
    Popeye's equals chicken Tuesday for me since the one on base has 2 pieces for $1.29. No sides so not as bad, but sure do get the fat content out of it for the day!!
  • ReneeIsReady
    Options
    Good for you, you will thank yourself and your resistance next time you step on that scale. :) I feel your pain, though, my Mom is from the south and I was raised on friend chicken, one of my FAVORITE things!

Wordsandmusic you're so right about that!
    I just said yes to a grilled chicken salad instead. I can dream I guess!
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options

LMAO
    You're safe!!!

There is a Popeye's within walking distance from where I work and yes I have been known to walk over there to get a little something to eat! I don't eat it very often so when I do, I savor every bite.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Or..... you could get two legs, green beans and onion rings for 455 calories.

I don't like Popeye's but I also love this way of thinking!

Recently I was really wanting a Chick-Fil-A original sandwich. I thought about getting one with waffle fries and a soda. Instead I played around with my macros and had carrot sticks and figlets at home followed by an 8 piece nugget from Chick-Fil-A and a mini DQ Blizzard. Same calories, slightly better fit for my macros. Way yummier.
  • stephgetsfit2
    stephgetsfit2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Make your own Fried chicken! but not really fried! They're are always substitutes for making things! then close your eyes and pretend it's the real thing! lol
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    No Popeyes in Canada.... that I know of...
    and closet one is in Burlington..... hours away and across the border...

I want a Sonic though....

this is making me HANGRY
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Man this is making me hungry too. How the hell do I only have 300 calories left?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I would just order Popeye's. A leg and a thigh usually fits into my protein and fat macros. I usually get green beans and skip the biscuit (not a big fan of them). Hell sometimes I get those yummy cajun fries.

This is a lifestyle change and you are not going to succeed by restricting yourself unnecessarily.

On that note... off to have margaritas and wings. :drinker:
  • oceanbreeze27
    oceanbreeze27 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Not silly at all! I feel that way with Olive Garden's new commercial with the asiago dish.... Even mentioning it's forcing me to repeat the mantra.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    While there are many things I regret about getting rid of cable, missing those amazing food commercials that make your mouth water is not one them! And I love Popeye's, so I can imagine I'd be trying to eat the TV. Their fries are the best! Good thing the closest one is an hour away! Stay strong! :flowerforyou:
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Your solution: Cancel cable. .
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Their chicken is so good you can eat it cold...
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Lol me too haha. Fortunately there isn't a Popeye's where I live so my solution is kinda built into the problem.
  • LVCeltGirl
    LVCeltGirl Posts: 473
    Options
    That Popeyes Chicken commercial has been torturing me for the past 24 hrs.
    You know, the one that's been coming on yesterday and today advertising the 12 pieces for $8.99 for Today only? UGH!

Gawd knows I want some so, so, sooooo bad that it hurts LOL!
    But I' going to be strong and just say no to that good ole golden fried crispy Popeyes Chicken. Sigh!

Good for you but if you can share with some other people so that there isn't any leftovers and you're limited to a piece or two, I'd say go for it. You can fight cravings but at some point it could become too difficult and that's when you binge. Example: Where you could've had just 1 piece and moved on with life, you resisted and end up eating all 12 pieces by yourself.

This is a lifestyle change and you can have fried chicken, even fast food fried chicken. And right now I'm having a craving for something Cajun but that isn't expensive. All because I'm being reminded that it's Fat Tuesday (I keep hoping calling it Fat Tuesday will trigger something in my brain that Mardi Gras doesn't). Popeye's is the only thing that I can find coming close to that desire (cheap and Cajun choices). So I get the torture. Either stay strong or work it into your daily numbers.

You can do this!