Help Please!!!!! Net Caloris- No Weight Losss

Options
:smile: Im not certain what Im doing wrong but I am looking for some help. I am a 45 year old AA female 5'5" 230lbs.I gained 25lbs in two years thanks to menopause and have been trying to lose it every since. I am determine to shed 70lbs. My goal is to lose one pound per week. I sit most of the day but I work out 5 days a week doing Zumba for 45 minutes most day 20 minutes when pressed for time, based on the MFP has me eating 1860 calories a day most days I dont reach this goal Im generally between 1600/1700. When I startded Dec 28, I was exercising absent a HRM but have since incorporated the one. With all that being said, can someone please claraify for me what my net calories should be? Co workers who were successful with the program said they ate all or most of the calories back, I wasn't at first but since they had sucess I started eating my calories back because they said I wasnt eating enough. Im a little discouraged because I have not lost a single pound, Let me also mention I know my water intake is down. Any suggestion? Here is a little more info (Week 1) 792 net calories under weekly goal, (week 2) 1431 net caloies under weekly goal,(Week 3) 1931 net calories under weekly goal and (Week 4) 852 net caloies under weekly goal..

Desperate

Replies

• DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Message me and I can take a look at your food diary if you want. Sometimes it is not just about calories, but the types of food we are eating.
  • brasgold
    brasgold Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Never buy into your eating too much. Bottom line if you eat less you lose eat more you gain. I would not eat my workout calories. If you have to eat more. To lose what would you do to maintain eat less. Think about it makes no sense!!
  • maryanndameron
    Options
    Menopause is tough on metabolism. Metobolism drops 20% with Menopause. I wonder if you should be changing up your cardio to challenge your body.
    Mary Ann
  • Lizplus3
    Lizplus3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    The only thing that I would say to try is to change something in your workout routine. Once you have done the same routine for 30 days your body gets used to it and it is no longer effective. I have dealt with this problem myself in the past. The change doesn't have to be major or my intense. Sometimes you will lose if you have a relaxed workout day. Your body gears up for the hard workout and then you don't do that much thus your body still burns hard even if you don't work hard. I also don't eat my workout calories, but that is not to say that there aren't times that I do eat them just cause I want something. You should have seen at least one lb come off by the amounts you listed, but I have also learned that not taking in enough water will make you hold the water weight. Once I got on board with drinking 6-10 glasses of water a day I saw a 2 lb. weight loss. Don't give up! You can do it!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    :smile: Im not certain what Im doing wrong but I am looking for some help. I am a 45 year old AA female 5'5" 230lbs.I gained 25lbs in two years thanks to menopause and have been trying to lose it every since. I am determine to shed 70lbs. My goal is to lose one pound per week. I sit most of the day but I work out 5 days a week doing Zumba for 45 minutes most day 20 minutes when pressed for time, based on the MFP has me eating 1860 calories a day most days I dont reach this goal Im generally between 1600/1700. Im a little discouraged because I have not lost a single pound, Let me also mention I know my water intake is down. Any suggestion? Here is a little more info (Week 1) 792 net calories under weekly goal, (week 2) 1431 net caloies under weekly goal,(Week 3) 1931 net calories under weekly goal and (Week 4) 852 net caloies under weekly goal..

Desperate
    You don't say how long you have been at this program. The four weeks you mentioned?
    Do you have any other ways of checking your progress? Do your clothes fit better, does your workout feel any easier, are you less out of breath climbing stairs? etc... Is your body fat percentage improving any? It's not just about the weight numbers... your body may be making healthy changes that you aren't focusing on yet. If it's only one month, you may see other changes happening like blood sugar #'s improving or any of the above.

Also what musicgal86 said is correct - it may be the composition and timing of your eating. Studies have shown that women on the same diet and exercise program lost 3x as much weight and doubled the reduction in waist size simply by eating 700 cal breakfast, 500 cal lunch, and 200 cal dinner. They also had a larger decrease in glucose, insulin, and triglycerides than those that ate the opposite timing with a 200 cal breaky, same 500 cal lunch, and 700 cal dinner. (Quoted from ALIVE magazine March 2014)

Keep at 'er, it will come off. :wink:
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Never buy into your eating too much. Bottom line if you eat less you lose eat more you gain. I would not eat my workout calories. If you have to eat more. To lose what would you do to maintain eat less. Think about it makes no sense!!

What doesn't make sense is this post ^^^...

Here are some links to read over that may help.

Read this...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet?hl=short+sweet+<span class=

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

I do the TDEE-% method. I eat 1800 calories a day. I log my exercise as 1 calorie burned just so I can log it. The TDEE method already has the workouts calculated. I'm losing weight.

Maybe add some strength training to your routine also.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    BTW... Water intake is a huge issue. The body cannot move fat out of storage and process it into glycogen without enough water!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I'm also 45 years old. I work out 6 days a week for 45-75 minutes (although Saturdays I do yoga plus my long run so that's often closer to 3 hours), and I can only eat 1600-1700 calories if I want to lose weight. Looking at some other comments I'll add that I drink a ton of water, and I also strength train three times a week. When I first started out I was only eating 1300-1500 calories a day; it's just as I've increased my workouts that I've been able to increase how much I eat.
  • LanaeCarol
    LanaeCarol Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am 48 years old. I usually get 5-6 hrs of exercise in a week. I try to eat 1600-1700 cal per day. As long as my net is not negative, I do not worry about it. Most days my net is 800-900. As long as I have eaten at least the 1600 - 1700 (or occasionally more :)) I figure I have taken in the nutrients I need. If my HRM says I out exercised what I ate then I eat a snack to at least get me back to a positive net. This only happens very rarely. It may not work for you, but this system is working for me.

I also want to add, drink LOTS of water. I manage to average a little more than 6 liters (24 cups) every day. I think this helps with losing weight.