Does anyone have this treadmill? Pros....Cons?

Options
Im looking to buy a treadmill...And they have this one on clearance at my local Walmart...Is this a good starter?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Weslo-Cadence-G-5.9-Treadmill/14972088

Replies

• Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    anyone?? ;)
  • lambchoplewis1
    lambchoplewis1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have a True brand treadmill with only speed, incline and most important, the ability to pause during your workout and come back to resume without staring over if phone rings or you have to stop for a few minutes, it is nice to re-start where u left off. My parents got a Gold's gym treadmill I think at walmart and they love it. I have used it and it is good for fast walking and I have jogged on it but it is not as stable as the True treadmill. I am sure there are different models etc but make sure that if u jog, it is stable. Also,, do they deliver and set-up??

Get a large black mat for underneath to save carpet or floors and put a small rug behind it as the black stuff from the belt when in use will stain carpet.

Hope this helps.
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    anyone?? ;)

I've never used it and maybe most here haven't as well. I would say by looking at it, it doesn't appear to be a quality machine. I would suggest googling several machines and then insert "+ reviews" or going on Amazon.com for reviews. This helps me whenever I'm going to make a costly purchase. Hope that helps.
  • Betty_Rubble
    Betty_Rubble Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have an old treadmill but it does what I want it to do, and I have some pretty killer cardio workouts on it.
    As long as it goes fast enough (if you're planning on running on it, make sure it goes as fast as you run), and it has incline settings, you're good to go!
  • lambchoplewis1
    Options
    Just looked at brand and this only has two inline positions, you want to have inclines from zero to about 10 at .5 increments as you get in better shape, you will slowly increase incline, not jump to a much steeper incline
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I had that one it did not last very long.
    The best I have found was at Sears
  • lambchoplewis1
    Options
    Check Sears or a local sporting goods store like ****'s as they might have other brands on sale
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Thanx everyone! Maybe I'll buy a higher quality used one off Craiglist? I'll also check out Sears.
  • lambchoplewis1
    Options
    Be careful of Craigslist. I think someplace that you trust would be better
  • gkauf744
    gkauf744 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have the Welso. I think it's great. I didn't have the budget for anything more expensive. I use it to walk in the evenings, and there are a few of the weight loss workouts that I can do (#1 and #3) There are 6 total workouts, and I can't run fast enough to do any of the others yet. It's not the same as the $2000 treadmills at the gym. But it's all mine, and it works fine for a leisurely stroll while watching tv with my kids.
  • KRB28
    KRB28 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I have a Weslo. It's quite a few years old now, it's okay for running. But I prefer to run outside. I think we bought it because we were on a budget and it was one of the cheaper ones.
  • Remo_Williams
    Options
    We bought ours off CraigsList and it's great (different brand). You'll want to try it out by raising it and lowering it to the highest/lowest position turning it on full speed, run on it as fast as you can and listen for anything unusual. Be safe, because to try it out you'll need to go to someone's home, unless a gym is having a going out of business sale. Also check Amazon for reviews.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Pros - none

Cons - they cost loads, take up loads of space, and cant do as much for you as running outside.
  • jennreich5
    jennreich5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I did not have this model, but I did purchase a Weslo Cadence treadmill from Walmart after the birth of my first child in 1998. It lasted me 14 years, and the ONLY reason it quit working was because during the floods last year our basement took on more than a foot of water. It burnt out the motor. So, the brand was good to me! Hope this helps. -Jenn