Good Exercise when your legs are sore?

Options
lhermo
lhermo Posts: 23 Member
Hi all! I did a squat-heavy kettlebell workout for the first time on Sunday and my thighs are killing me today! Does anyone know of some good workouts that will burn calories but will give my legs a break?

Replies

• deviant_illusion
    deviant_illusion Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Other weight training. Arms, back, core Keep it high reps low rest time and you will be sweating and burning calories.
  • caveninit
    caveninit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Power walk videos are my go-to after a major thigh burn. Loosens everything up. I usually do circuits of strength training and cardio, but sometimes my legs feel like jelly, especially after doing any Jillian Michaels or Cathe Freidrich dvds..that's when I give the legs a bit of a break and just do a power walk workout the day after a strenuous leg/thigh workout. Works for me.
  • lhermo
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I'll most likely do power walking for a bit and then focus on my arms and core for strength. Much appreciated!
  • simonmcdonald564
    Options
    I now run a minimum of 5k every day now, either road or treadmill and my legs ache to differing degrees dependent on the distance or intensity of the previous day. I can honestly say that I don't feel the achy sore legs is an issue and sometimes after a run my legs feel much better.
    Just stretch well before and after each session
  • SoreTodayStrongTomorrow222
    Options
    Honestly, give yourself a one day break then go back to working out your quads/hams/glutes whatever - power through it - they wont hurt while you work out as long as you are not dwelling on the pain and it actually helps take the soreness away.
  • lhermo
    Options
    Thanks, all! I did go back and did walking on an incline with arms strength, and almost immediately felt a lot better!
  • darcyrees
    darcyrees Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Swim
  • rejectuf
    rejectuf Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Deep lunges to really help stretch things out and get the muscles active.
  • robinskv
    robinskv Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love a cardio workout or yoga when my legs are sore. The blood gets moving and they always feel better!