What is your biggest vice?

Options
What is the one thing you cannot or will not ever give up?

Mine is fairly typical and it's coffee. I never drink more than 2 cups per day but I would rather give up desserts, alcohol, sweets, pizza, TV, Facebook and my mobile phone than give up coffee! Once I tried to replace coffee with herbal tea on advice from my doctor (apparently caffeine and anxiety don't mix well) but only lasted 2 weeks. I figure a little dose of daily caffeine is better than constant headaches and irritability! My favourite is a long macchiato, still has the volume of a latte but less calories.

What fun is life without at least one little vice... what's yours?

Replies

• lakebett22
    lakebett22 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ghost chili pepper hot sauce. I put that stuff on everything.
  • suttercm
    suttercm Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Diet coke. Attempting to give it up for Lent. We'll see!
  • Chocolate. All the chocolate. In all forms. I'm actually giving it up for lent.. Shall we see if I can last 40 days? :P
  • rachrach7595
    rachrach7595 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Sriracha
    Honey Soy Chicken Wrap from McDonalds (probably has neither honey or soy... or chicken in it either LOL)
    And Diet Coke... lots and lots of diet coke (I dont drink coffee or tea)
  • TheVattz
    TheVattz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Where to begin. There is so much I would never give up. Too many sensations, too many indulgences.
    If anyone has ever seen Futurama, when it comes to food I'm like that Hedonism-bot that they have.
    Fried calamari, fried chicken, teriyaki chicken with sushi and rice, steak...the list goes on.

Not that any of that matters, I pretty much have to control myself around those foods. Or at the very least, avoid them and binging for as long as possible.

But it's better to be a hot, fit hedonist than it is to be an overweight one. So suffer now, and smile later.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I have one particular hangup. Hard to understand or discuss.

But really, Barro's Buffalo Chicken Pizza.

I can eat a whole large. Soooo buttery and spicy.
  • udinth
    udinth Posts: 92
    Options
    Biggest vice? Maybe procrastination. Maybe distractability; I'm working on that but never hard enough. OK, here I am at quarter to 1 am, meant to be in bed by 12:30 and I'm playing on the Chit-Chat, Fun, and Games message board when I still haven't finished even a little bit of the cleanup I meant to do tonight. Thanks for "waking me up", and GOOD NIGHT.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Procrasturbation.
  • iVirgo
    iVirgo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter
  • srr728
    srr728 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    donuts
  • AtLeastOnceMore
    AtLeastOnceMore Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Bread. I always say "I'll just keep a loaf in the freezer for when I'm really short on time" and end up eating it twice a day. Grrr! Just can't have it in the house =(
  • pilatesXOpixie
    pilatesXOpixie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Being 23 I'm still quite fond of drinking during the weekends, and I like to feel a little wobbly. (Always have a DD/taxi of course) So I would definitely say the booze are my biggest vice.
  • ComradeTovarich
    ComradeTovarich Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Pineapples. The one food I find it difficult to control myself with. Honestly I could probably eat an entire pineapple in one sitting. That's why I only ever buy it in small doses.
  • CometMeebru
    CometMeebru Posts: 122
    Options
    online shopping
  • Nascha333
    Nascha333 Posts: 56
    Options
    at one point i would have said pepsi but i kicked that over a year ago (don't even miss it!) i was drinking an entire 2L a day. :o

I would say CHOCOLATE. Huge chocolate lover... lets see how long i last without it. :P
  • kangakev
    kangakev Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    chocolate covered sultanas
  • jeets888
    jeets888 Posts: 2,237 Member
    Options
    Alcohol - the need for escapism gets the best of me at times!
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Procrasturbation.

Strong post.
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    There are lots of things I wouldn't give up, but imagining a life without bread or cheese is just soooo bleak.
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Fatty, or sugary food. Anything with comfort feeling in it. And my other vice, smoking, yup I love a good cigar or cigarette but I try not buy them anymore, just when I am stressed or am drinking which isn't often. Another vice is falling love with the wrong guy. So many vices