Humbled beyond measure

Options
Was in the gym recently, doing a workout on a rowing machine. A trainer walked by with a new client to the gym, a woman, (not sure the weight, maybe 350?) who was having trouble walking. The trainer was talking to her about increasing cardio and improving mostly her flexibility.
I heard her ask, 'Ultimately, do you have a goal? What kind of body are you looking to achieve?' The client replied, 'Um, I don't know, but maybe something more like... HER.' I had just glanced to the side and realized this woman was POINTING AT ME. ME, across the gym.
My body was someone's goal.

I mostly cried all the way home. Just couldn't believe it.
I already have what she will work so hard to achieve.
I'm giving thanks every day for my 252 lb body that moves and works.
I will BE your goal - thank you for choosing ME.
I will make us proud.

Replies

• SP0472
    SP0472 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Wow. I almost cried reading that. It must've been a great feeling.

I'm 340lbs and all I really want is my body to move like it should. I don't want to be a size 0. I couldn't care less about things like that. I'm very much like that woman at the gym. I'll pick out people who move and aspire to be like them.
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    WOW that is humbling! Sometimes we take for granted what others would die for. Makes me want to count my blessing and not whine so much. THANKS FOR SHARING!
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Wow. All I can say.
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    What a lovely moment!!!! :drinker:
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    So uplifting! Thanks so much for sharing!
  • hplvt
    hplvt Posts: 62
    Options
    what a great reminder!! Such a good post! I teared up reading this :drinker:
  • amscobra
    Options
    That is awesome! I hope to have that feeling someday.
  • emalay
    emalay Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing....that was nice!
    I'm sure that great feeling will last for a long time to come.
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    thanks so much for the post! We don't appreciate what we have at times, this is such a humbling moment really :)
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    How amazing is that feeling?!
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! Sometimes I get so caught up in myself and my troubles that I don't realize that I have good qualities and life aint so bad afterall.

Thanks for sharing - you ROCK!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    The thought occurs to me on a regular basis that I have the body so many other people wish they had. But even a year ago, I had the body someone much bigger than me would want. Now I'm a lot closer to the body I have wanted for so long than I have ever been. But still, I wish to be smaller and healthier. I guess I'll never be complacent (and I'm not sure there's anything wrong with that!).

It's so good to recognize what you have and how fortunate you are.

Edit: Wow, my first sentence sounded so vain but I promise I didn't mean it that way. I meant that in a less vain, more stop-being-so-self-loathing kind of way.
  • hmlayman
    Options
    I'm in tears in front of my husband looking like a fool :) This wonderful
  • ohiogirl30
    ohiogirl30 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Wow! Sometimes we take for granted things we should really be thanking God for! Thanks for sharing, makes me look at me differently.
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    This truly moved me.. thank you so much for sharing it. And thanks to this wonderful community - you inspire me, awe me and help me in more ways than you will ever know...
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!!!
  • ItsTime2010
    Options
    WOW, I am full of tears right now. That was just so sweet. It makes me look at my 250 different. I will continue to work hard towards my goal. Thank you so much for posting this.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Bumpin this....because it's just THAT Cool!! First time I've seen this post....love it:love: