Only 13 to go and stuck

Options
Hi,

I'm Misty, a 36 year old who never struggled with my weight until I was about 30. I've got IBS so that is a constant struggle (and I've learned a few things over the years since I've had it since I was about 15).

I've got 13 pounds to go but I feel stuck! I am doing this with my husband and we're trying to eat every 3 hours (I tried eating only when hungry and it didn't work). If I feel hungry I drink a large glass of water and wait 30 minutes before eating (trying to control the over-eating). I do the elliptical (usually 15-20 minutes, working up to 30 minutes).

Replies

• eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'm at my last 13lbs also...... praying i'm not like you..... ^^ i've been steadly losing weight
  • MistyKnapp
    Options
    I'm at my last 13lbs also...... praying i'm not like you..... ^^ i've been steadly losing weight

Good luck! Let me know, please what works for you.
  • Arranna1212
    Arranna1212 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You might try eating a little more protein.. Could try increasing the intensity of your workout for short periods..Say try increasing the resistance of your elliptical by 3-5 for 30-45 seconds then dropping it back down? People say that more intense, shorter workouts work better than longer and less impact ones. I'm not at those last few pounds.. But that's what I would try. Good luck! :)
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    The closer you are to goal, the slower the weight will come off. Every pound you lose makes you closer to caloric equilibrium. It took me seven months to go from 139 to 126 pounds (13 pounds). Here is the thing to keep in mind, it doesn't matter how long this takes, this is for the rest of your life if you want to keep it off.
  • MistyKnapp
    Options
    You might try eating a little more protein.. Could try increasing the intensity of your workout for short periods..Say try increasing the resistance of your elliptical by 3-5 for 30-45 seconds then dropping it back down? People say that more intense, shorter workouts work better than longer and less impact ones. I'm not at those last few pounds.. But that's what I would try. Good luck! :)

Thanks! I eat more protein that I really need. I'll need to try that with the elliptical. I sometimes put the resistance at 2 or 4 but quickly change it back down, lol.
  • MistyKnapp
    Options
    The closer you are to goal, the slower the weight will come off. Every pound you lose makes you closer to caloric equilibrium. It took me seven months to go from 139 to 126 pounds (13 pounds). Here is the thing to keep in mind, it doesn't matter how long this takes, this is for the rest of your life if you want to keep it off.

Thanks! You're right- this is for the rest of my life and I do want to keep it off. I just hit 13 pounds to lose this week so I'll keep plugging away.