Ask me any weight loss question (certified)

Options

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Sorry I should mention 500 is a bit high for lower calorie targets. Females should set to 300 especially if you are short.

Yea, the thing is....I know you have all those certificates, and I'm just a regular guy, but I don't think anyone should ever be eating below their BMR/RMR.
  • rdsxfn
    rdsxfn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    After working out I earn roughly 400-600 extra calories a day. Do I eat some or none of those calories?

Thanks!!!!
  • thebradzter
    Options
    You don't do it permanently. Only until you lose the weight and then you increase the calories and eating a couple hundred under is fine for a weight loss goals or you will forever stay the same.
    Sorry I should mention 500 is a bit high for lower calorie targets. Females should set to 300 especially if you are short.

Yea, the thing is....I know you have all those certificates, and I'm just a regular guy, but I don't think anyone should ever be eating below their BMR/RMR.
  • michelefm1l
    michelefm1l Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have been losing weight for the last 2 weeks (4 pounds) but after starting to go to the gym this week, I have actually gained weight. I haven't done anything super strenuous at the gym, just walking on the treadmill for 30ish minutes at a 3.5 speed and yesterday I did the stair-master for 10 minutes as well. I've been eating around 1300-1400 calories a day and at 205 pounds, I definitely have the weight to lose. I drink about 80 ounces of water a day. What would cause weight gain after starting to exercise?
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Well, you also related that the 500 calories under RMR a day would burn 1lb of fat a week, which is telling me your confusing the acronyms. Doesn't look very good on you at this point in time.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options

I don't think anyone should ever be eating below their BMR/RMR.

Agreed.
  • thebradzter
    Options
    Lol yep I am... I actually knew that.. sigh. Ok I'm done
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    What would you recommend for someone trying to gain muscle mass and lose fat?
  • itsnojokeanymore
    Options
    what do think of low fat cakes or items marketed as - reduced fat ect such as a well known brand mentioning no names begiining with WW
  • thebradzter
    Options
    Sorry guys i'm done helping, hope I helped some. God I hate the internet at times
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRG8inqlx-HT9k8JTIBAw8MSwFZ1VPP8M5L6oAZtFdHg9izLrUn

In...for ****s and giggles and what not.
  • neanderthin
    Options
    Sorry guys i'm done helping, hope I helped some. God I hate the internet at times
    Nothing wrong with trying to help. It's just a tough crowd here that's all.
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options

I LOVE THE INTERNET!

I can pretend to be ANYTHING I WANT TO BE!
  • thebradzter
    Options
    It was just the general reaction to my mistake.. Yes I legitimately screwed up but with people like hawkeyety around why bother. I don't need this.

• neanderthin
    Options
    It was just the general reaction to my mistake.. Yes I legitimately screwed up but with people like hawkeyety around why bother. I don't need this.

Well to be honest you said it more than once and referenced weight loss attributed to it so it kinda leads one to believe that something is amiss, when it's something as fundamental as that..........the timber in your dialogue gives your experience away, sorry to say. Considering the math, it could lead some people to be consuming under 1000 calories a day, which is never a good idea, right?
  • elly620
    elly620 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Sorry that some people have nothing better to do then to be *kitten* holes. If your willing to answer one ? for me, please inbox me if not, its ok. Have a good night.
  • HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options

What did I do?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Mistakes happen. Own up to them and continue to help IF that's your intention. I've ate crow several times on this site (justifiably) and actually learned from it. Correct information shouldn't hurt your feelings.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • thebradzter
    Options
    I owned up to the mistake.. Lol. I thought it was clear when I was talking about alternating your physical activity to match your calorie target (lifestyle/exercise included) and not your BMR without lifestyle factors included...
    Mistakes happen. Own up to them and continue to help IF that's your intention. I've ate crow several times on this site (justifiably) and actually learned from it. Correct information shouldn't hurt your feelings.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    You don't do it permanently. Only until you lose the weight and then you increase the calories and eating a couple hundred under is fine for a weight loss goals or you will forever stay the same.

Welcome! Thanks for answering questions.

However,in order to create a calorie deficit, they need to cut a percentage from their TDEE- total daily energy expenditure.