A month of none?

wrevhn
wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
What do you think? Should I give up, for a month, the main things I enjoy completely? (eg: cheese, dairy, beef, chocolate, any sugar, useless carb snacks) to loose weight? Or will it backfire when I re-introduce them back in?

I want to do something more dramatic to loose, and i cant see exercising more than 1300 cals a day, so I need another thing.

I drink water, eat (generally) under in cals, and work out. but i know there are some secrets and lil' tricks to quicker loss.

help, suggestions, tips?

LD

Replies

• leakewh
    leakewh Posts: 91 Member
    did you give up those things entirely while you were losing the 40lbs...If not, then why give them up now....keep doing what you're doing...focus on the 40lbs you've lost..great job
  • wrevhn
    i was stricter i suppose. but no, not gave up. i just ask cause i hit a very annoying plateau. since hubby got back from military training. i was doing good before, but i actually GAINED after he returned. i'd like to quick loose at least the amount i gained.
  • Has to be a lifestyle change in my opinion. Or else it's all unhealthy. No matter how much you weigh if you eat unhealthy it's not heathly.
    I live a low carb lifestyle and primal. I get tons of dairy and beef. I also eat 88% dark chocolate and carb smart ice cream. I'm down about 15 lbs in 4 weeks. I think I'll live this way forever.
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Why the need for drama? You've done an amazing thing and lost 40lbs (serious congratulations here) and it sounds like you didn't give them up before. I agree with Leakwh why fix what isn't broken?

They say, the slower you loose the weight, the more likely you are to keep it off for the rest of your life. So that's something to think about in making this choice.

I hope you find an answer that works for you, congratulations and good luck with your journey.
  • wrevhn
    Why the need for drama? You've done an amazing thing and lost 40lbs (serious congratulations here) and it sounds like you didn't give them up before. I agree with Leakwh why fix what isn't broken?

They say, the slower you loose the weight, the more likely you are to keep it off for the rest of your life. So that's something to think about in making this choice.

I hope you find an answer that works for you, congratulations and good luck with your journey.

your prob right. to quick off, to quick on. i just wanna be back to where i was before i back tracked 10 lbs. but i guess i'll just have to take it in stride and let go. ty
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    If you were stricter then, you should just get strict now. I'm the same way. I lose easiest when I'm staying within all my numbers, eating a lot of fiber and protein, lots of veggies, drinking a lot of water, and doing my work outs. You probably didn't hit a plateau. You probably just slacked a little on your routines. If that's NOT the case, you still need to change your routine. Add 30 minutes moer cardio per day (or even every other day) and lift heavier weights to give your body that extra boost. Eat AT LEAST the number MFP gives you - and eat those exercise calories. Watch your sodium and don't eat more than say, 100g sugar (though a lot less is recommended). Put a couple tablespoons of lemon juice in a big glass of water first thing in the morning and chug it. Lemon is great for digestion and cleanses the liver when it's taken before consuming ANYTHING first thing in the morning. Been doing this a couple weeks and have felt great!
  • wrevhn
    If you were stricter then, you should just get strict now. I'm the same way. I lose easiest when I'm staying within all my numbers, eating a lot of fiber and protein, lots of veggies, drinking a lot of water, and doing my work outs. You probably didn't hit a plateau. You probably just slacked a little on your routines. If that's NOT the case, you still need to change your routine. Add 30 minutes moer cardio per day (or even every other day) and lift heavier weights to give your body that extra boost. Eat AT LEAST the number MFP gives you - and eat those exercise calories. Watch your sodium and don't eat more than say, 100g sugar (though a lot less is recommended). Put a couple tablespoons of lemon juice in a big glass of water first thing in the morning and chug it. Lemon is great for digestion and cleanses the liver when it's taken before consuming ANYTHING first thing in the morning. Been doing this a couple weeks and have felt great!

thx! wow, that was a great resp! and ya i am bad with sodium. (ex smoker) and love the lemon tip!
This discussion has been closed.