being in love caused me to gain weight lol

Options
:heart: :heart: :heart: Hey there my name is Jamie and im 27 and I live in fabulous Las Vegas!!! So in 2012 I was single and exercising and trying to look my best and it was working! Then I met this wonderful man who I started dating and of course he took me to nice dinners and what do you know I stopped exercising and just got lazy. Fast forward to now we have been together for a little over a year and its great. But in that year I have gained some unwanted weight as in 10-15lbs! So now im back and trying to get it right this time! Im trying to lose at least 60lbs as my first goal and just looking for other people ladies and men for support and tips even meal ideas because im tired of eating the same stuff over and over again! So please feel free to add me as a friend and lets do this! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Replies

• eilaurie
    eilaurie Posts: 1
    Options
    I am the complete opposite! I was all motivated to stay cute for my boyfriend and we broke up and I gained 75lbs. But I am motivated and hopefully this will help. :)
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Yeah it definitely happens. When I married my husband in 2008, I probably gained about 50 lbs over the course of two years. It's crazy how it happens like that! But at least we're happy right and our weight CAN be changed! That's how I look at it anyway.
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Please fill out your profile. People tend to send Friend requests to people with whom they have things in common. All we know about you is that you live in Las Vegas and that you gained weight when you fell in love.
  • MistyKnapp
    Options
    It's almost a common thing for one or both members in a relationship to gain weight. :-) Don't despair! As for food, don't cut anything out- eat in moderation. Take any recipe (or favorites) and tweak them so they are a bit healthier. For instance- we love pancakes and waffles so my husband found a recipe for each. He split the flour so that it's 1/2 all purpose and 1/2 whole wheat (I can't eat 100% whole wheat products), changes the sugar and butter that is in it. Does that make sense?
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I understand. That's why my profile says "ready to lose my happily married weight," lol

You can do this!:flowerforyou:
  • xscat
    xscat Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    When I started dating my boyfriend I put on 8lbs in 2,3 months... YES, that was on top of my 5lbs holiday/graduation/moving weight ( We started dating in March, and I had just moved to Maine from Georgia, which for me meant NO outdoor activities and eating more to fight the cold weather) . We were eating out a lot; and I was eating as much as he was (surprise lol)

Then it just hit me that I didn't need THAT many calories... I'm a 5'4" girl, not a 5'9", 170lbs man.. Lost 8 lbs in 7~8 months (yep, THAT slow); then thanksgiving came and I was gaining weight again; joined MFP, then lost 9lbs and finally back to my Georgia weight :)

Can't speak for everyone else. But for me the most important lesson IS simply the fact that I'm a woman and I probably shouldn't eat as much as my boyfriend... Sounds silly doesn't it lol
  • mspink7022
    mspink7022 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ive gained weight because of a breakup also! it happens! i will get right on filling out my profile as well