Polar Warranty

Options
I have the FT4 and have had it almost a year. I use it 5-6 days per week but over the last few months it stops registering the HR mid workout. The watch tells me to check the transmitter. I've replaced the battery in the transmitter 3 times in the last 4 months. I went to Polar's website, and it says they charge $75 for general repairs. It's still under warranty so I'm hoping it will be covered. Has anyone had experience with using the warranty on Polar products? Were they easy to work with? Any cost involved?

Replies

• sk1982
    sk1982 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Usually for me that means its time to buy a new strap....I generally go though one a year using it the same amount as you...

You could always try giving it a thorough wash and see if that helps?
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,657 Member
    Options
    Polar Warranty is two years. I have had two free repairs plus a replaced transmitter. Their customer service is great. I got my HRM back within 2 days on average. You will need proof of purchase date. Happily I bought mine on amazon so could find that easily. Mail the people at the Polar website, and they send you instructions on how to send in your HRM.

The transmitter is prone to oxidization, if you don't dry it off before storing.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,657 Member
    Options
    After use I used to rinse the strap and store the wet strap, transmitter and watch together in a bowl on the counter. After getting a message with my last repair I store the transmitter separately so that it stays dry.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. I have washed it and do take the transmitter off after every workout. I hadn't thought of replacing the strap but perhaps that's what's needed. I'm going to contact customer service today and see what they can do. Thanks again!