Upped my calories and now I'm starving

Options
So, I upped my calories from about 1400 to the 1800 range.

I eat a lot of proteins, healthy fats, veggies, etc. I eat relatively healthy throughout the day (I can make my diary open to public if needed) and usually right on point or slightly over my macros on everything except carbs/sodium/sugar .... so slightly over on protein and fats.

My staples are chicken, pb, eggs, avocado, salads (spinach/lettuce/cucumber/etc), some fruits, sometimes a few nuts but I'm not really a fan of nuts in general.

I am eating the 1800 or very close EVERY day.

When I was eating 1400, I didn't find that I got very hungry/ I was fairly satisfied ... but now that I am eating more, I am absolutely starving all the time! I feel like I am constantly eating.

I am still losing weight at a rate of approx 3lb per week (I am heavy, 280, down from 305)

My workouts include 30-45 minutes of cardio (I started c25k and I also bike), weight lifting (not super heavy right now, since I am a weakling) and yoga class 3x per week. I don't track exercise calories because I get really obsessed with the numbers.

Why am I suddenly so hungry on more calories?

Replies

• mrsBrown1989
    Options
    Maybe from eating more food you are stretching your stomach out which would cause you to be hungry more often ?
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Maybe from eating more food you are stretching your stomach out which would cause you to be hungry more often ?

Possibly, your stomach can hold anywhere from 4-6 cups of food at one time. And it takes 2 hours to churn and release it into the intestinal tract.

Another thing is inadequate water?

How much protein per day are we talking about?

And is it raw or cooked veggies?
  • CelebrityStatus
    CelebrityStatus Posts: 84 Member
    Options

Possibly, your stomach can hold anywhere from 4-6 cups of food at one time. And it takes 2 hours to churn and release it into the intestinal tract.

Another thing is inadequate water?

How much protein per day are we talking about?

And is it raw or cooked veggies?

My protein goal is 95, usually I am anywhere from 85-110g of protein per day.

Both. Most veggies I will eat raw or cooked ... so for dinner, usually my veg is steamed, but for lunch and snacking, raw.