STUCK at 130

Coming into college at 115, I gained the freshman 15 first semester. Ive been working out at least 4 times a week since January started and eat pretty healthy. HAVEN'T LOST A SINGLE POUND. eating around 1300 calories a day and I burn about 400-600 calories per work out. HELP! What do I do? Im pretty small so 15 pounds was a huge change

Replies

• Hey there. Maybe you should re-evaluate how many kcal you're eating: sometimes we are weigh off, I know that that has happened to me before. An extra few grams of certain foods really can make the difference, and at such a light weight, weight loss will only come at small deficits, so it's easy to overeat and undo your loss.
    When you do that, just continue eating healthily, in a deficit and exercising, I'm pretty sure it will come off :smile:
  • siggasvana
    siggasvana Posts: 5 Member
    Have you taken any measurements? The scale doesn't tell the whole story so I would recommend taking measurements. Maybe you're body is changing and getting stronger but you don't realize it if you only focus on the number on the scale :)
    Best of luck to you!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Coming into college at 115, I gained the freshman 15 first semester. Ive been working out at least 4 times a week since January started and eat pretty healthy. HAVEN'T LOST A SINGLE POUND. eating around 1300 calories a day and I burn about 400-600 calories per work out. HELP! What do I do? Im pretty small so 15 pounds was a huge change

So if you started at 115...gained 15 why are you trying to lose 30?

If you aren't losing weight it's because you aren't in a calorie deficet...you are either over estimating calorie burns or under estimating intake or both.
  • jennibear22
    jennibear22 Posts: 95 Member

So if you started at 115...gained 15 why are you trying to lose 30?

If you aren't losing weight it's because you aren't in a calorie deficet...you are either over estimating calorie burns or under estimating intake or both.

No one said they were trying to lose 30 pounds???