best for fat loss

Hey All

So i go to the gym and tend to do classes more than anything but i find the only one i really enjoy is Spinning which i know is fab for fat loss but my gym doesnt do many spin classes.

if i started working out in the actual gym more, what is best for fat loss? i've quite a lot of weight to lose but if i dont enjoy it (like majority of classes) i dont put in as much. where as spinning which i love, i give my all.

thanks in advance :)

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Fat loss is the result of a caloric deficit, exercise helps promote health and fitness and may help you achieve and maintain a caloric deficit while allowing you to eat a bit more food (which in turn may help with diet compliance as you feel less deprived.)

Having said that, many people will fall victim to the myth of the so-called "fat burning zone". If you like spinning ( I do too) go for it.....and work out a decent intensity as the objective is to burn as many calorie as possible (the other benefit is that the higher intensity - cardio / training zone - has a greater impact on improving overall cardiovascular health)

Try varying your workouts, alternating steady state sessions with interval training.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    From what I have seen, variety in the exercise programs leads to better results. Incorporating cardio (whatever form you like), strength training, yoga, and intervals is great. The good thing about resistance training is that you not only burn calories while exercising, but for another whole day while your muscles repair and recover. Also, if you add some muscle, that'll increase your metabolic capacity. So, in my opinion, cardio alone is not enough. Adding strength/resistance training and other forms of exercise will definitely help you lose body fat.

Allan
  • snoopyjet
    snoopyjet Posts: 82 Member
    My experience is more weights. I use to run almost every day but it wasn't until I added kettlebell weight training I could really see the results in fat loss. So IMHO it's more efficient to add weight training and less cardio. Oh an ketosis helps :)
  • adriennewx
    adriennewx Posts: 38 Member
    i have started to add more weights into my workout.

i do need cardio as i feel so unfit at the minute so im building it up again but making sure i add weights in too.

what is ketosis?

:)