Options
    :laugh:

I'm gonna DIE!!! :sick:
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
    Options

Don't eat blueberries or broccoli, then your golden.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    We'll I'm screwed. I eat A LOT of blueberries and broccoli. :ohwell:
  • michael300891
    Options
    Oh no, I was just about to start a brocolli blueberry soup diet so that I didn't get cancer from eating meat protein.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
    Options
    Oh no, I was just about to start a brocolli blueberry soup diet so that I didn't get cancer from eating meat protein.
    Well, your screwed then. Imagine the protein in salmon and the antioxidants in broccoli killing our loved ones.....it's no laughing matter. this is serious stuff.:wink:
  • michael300891
    Options
    Well, your screwed then. Imagine the protein in salmon and the antioxidants in broccoli killing our loved ones.....it's no laughing matter. this is serious stuff.:wink:

Oh no! I'm getting really stressed over this! Good thing stress doesn't cause cancer.... OH ****
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

Don't eat blueberries or broccoli, then your golden.

WHEW!! So if I don't eat those, will I become immortal and sparkle??

edward_sparkling-1.jpg
  • ChrisS30V
    ChrisS30V Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Gee, this article was only posted a year ago.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I've eaten a LOT of broccoli and blueberries, two of my favorite foods, and I've yet to get cancer. I don't believe a word of that article.
  • kung_fu_red
    Options
    No fair!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Ah, the good ole Daily Mail.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    These are the same kinds of "doctors" who in the 80s claimed eggs would be the end of mankind due to cholesterol only to say they're okay now. They're job is to blow smoke and cause a panic as a justification for their paychecks.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    And I was just about to up my broccoli intake due to the "Broccoli has nicotine" article. LOL

If I believed all of these articles I should have :explode: ed by now.
  • Whiskybelly
    Whiskybelly Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    For those of you who aren't from the UK, let me give you a small piece of advice;

The Daily Mail is nothing but a rag of a newspaper.

That is all.
  • craftywitch_63
    craftywitch_63 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    So I'd become a "Breatharian" like the human Barbie doll but I'm told that breathing causes cancer.

Of course, there's always drinking water . . . oh, wait that dangerous as well! :laugh:

I'll stick with my JD Black label - my buddy Jack would never hurt me, right? RIGHT?
  • plumsparkle
    plumsparkle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    mmmmm edward :)
  • Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    My kingdom for the peer reviewed research! It is impressive that he was a Nobel laureate but this reveals nothing conclusive. Now people are afraid of fruit. Thanks, dude.

What the article doesn't say about vitamin E and why it is dangerous as a supplement is because it is a fat soluble vitamin. This means unlike vitamin C and others which are excreted in the urine, D, E, K, & A are stored in fat. This allows them to reach toxic levels, especially when the average supplement has 500-1000% of a persons daily need. Yeah, you don't need that daily.

Why was this line included in the article: "He has caused uproar in the past with his opinions on race, intelligence, beauty and homosexuality." Is this man known for shooting his mouth off?

I agree with him in that a balanced diet is ideal for getting nutrients but it takes a lot of planning and education to know how to reach your macro AND micro nutrients. A multivitamin doesn't hurt as long as the individual ingredients aren't in excess. I take prenatal vitamins because they have the best balance for females that I have seen.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    For those of you who aren't from the UK, let me give you a small piece of advice;

The Daily Mail is nothing but a rag of a newspaper.

That is all.
    It's a step up from the National Enquirer (in the U.S.). A small step.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I'm screwed! I eat broccoli every day!