What to do with leftover grilled chicken breasts?

Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
I have a bunch. Can't really be shredded... Short of salads and wraps, and eating it plain, any suggestion?

Replies

• brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    I'm sure there are lots of casserole recipes out there that you could make! Chicken Divan is a favorite in my house. Last night we made homemade BBQ chicken pizza and a chicken mediterranean style pizza with our leftover chicken breasts. Quesadillas are another fave.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Ship them to me.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Enchiladas! Chili, soups, tacos, burritos.... huh... I might be in the mood for Mexican!
  • oBuckethead
    oBuckethead Posts: 22 Member
    I'm assuming it's cooked already?

Cut it up and put it in scrambled eggs and add sriracha.

Make chicken spiedies with them (don't have to follow the part about them being cooked)

5 pounds chicken, cubed
    2 cups olive oil
    1 cup white vinegar
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    2 teaspoons salt
    5 cloves garlic, minced
    2 teaspoons dried oregano
    1 tablespoon garlic salt
    3 tablespoons crushed dried mint
    2 tablespoons dried basil
    1 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper

Put on a wrap with spinach and feta. amazing. I even put them on a salad and just use the marinade / leftover cooked oil as the dressing instead of adding anything else.
  • ichoose2believe
    ichoose2believe Posts: 108 Member
    For an easy lunch I mix 1 chopped chicken breast with a bag of the Green Giant Steamers (it has a light sauce). Quick and easy.

I have also just added chunks to various canned soups.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    eat them?

I don't understand.

just put it in a tupper wear and eat it the next day why do you need to "do" something with it?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,502 Member
    I have a bunch. Can't really be shredded... Short of salads and wraps, and eating it plain, any suggestion?
    Light terriyaki sauce and some rice and vegetables. Instant Bento box.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    eat them?

I don't understand.

just put it in a tupper wear and eat it the next day why do you need to "do" something with it?

Well, just more recipes really. I like plain chicken but it gets boring!
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    It can...sort of...be shredded. Just put it in a food processor and pulse a couple of times.

I make single servings of chicken salad for sandwiches this way.
  • MstngSammy
    www.allrecipes.com then type chicken leftovers in the search box.

This is my goto site.

you can Google leftover chicken as well :happy:
  • JoRocka
    eat them?

I don't understand.

You dont' cook it with seasoning on it when you grill it?

I guess that's my question/disconnect- I never grill just PLAIN chicken- I put something on it - then that's how I eat it- I hate plain chicken- it needs salt and pepper- or lemon pepper- grill/cooked whatever- and I eat that plain.
  • MstngSammy
    eat them?

I don't understand.

I guess that's my question/disconnect- I never grill just PLAIN chicken- I put something on it - then that's how I eat it- I hate plain chicken- it needs salt and pepper- or lemon pepper- grill/cooked whatever- and I eat that plain.

Yes...but do you ever have leftovers?
    Do you eat the leftovers "plain" or in a recipe?
  • JoRocka
    eat them?

I don't understand.

no i eat them the way I cooked them originally- veggies on the side... same way I made them and at them the first time.
    I cook dinner- lots of it.
    Then split it ALL immediately after I'm done- with my scale into individual containers- then add the veggies on top.
    So all the meals are exactly the same- I don't do anything different with the "left overs"

I mean if I want something specific with my chicken- that's how I make it the first time.
    (not being snarky actually just confused)
  • MstngSammy
    eat them?

I don't understand.

no i eat them the way I cooked them originally- veggies on the side... same way I made them and at them the first time.
    I cook dinner- lots of it.
    Then split it ALL immediately after I'm done- with my scale into individual containers- then add the veggies on top.
    So all the meals are exactly the same- I don't do anything different with the "left overs"

I mean if I want something specific with my chicken- that's how I make it the first time.
    (not being snarky actually just confused)

LOL. I understand where you are coming from.

A lot of people though get bored eating it the same way over and over (insert lame joke here :)).....hmm. Let's say that I cooked 3lbs of lemon chicken and I have 2lbs of leftovers (would never happen in this house lol) and after 2 days I get tired of just eating it plain with veggie sides....what else could I do with it?

Cut it up and put in on a salad, chop it and make chicken salad for dip or sandwich.

You get it?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    eat them...cold chicken is the bomb (I'm assuming it has some kind of delicious marinade or something and not just plain old grilled chicken).

I make extra chicken when I grill all the time and just eat them for lunch cold or I chop them up and throw them into a salad or into my eggs or whatever.
  • katya_be
    katya_be Posts: 227 Member
    Make a chicken salad... chicken, celery, raisins, bell pepper, and greek yogurt!
  • timberowl
    timberowl Posts: 331 Member
    chop it up into bite-sized pieces, dump a can of black beans, some salsa, sprinkle of cheese, some spices (cumin, chili powder, red pepper) maybe a couple chopped jalapenos and some hot sauce if you have it.... throw it in a big bowl, zap it, and add some sour cream if available. ~~~600 cals and my all-time fav meal to make at home. in fact, i might make it again tonight lol.

Alternately, chop up the chicken, throw it into a skillet with some diced tomatos, a ton of italian spices and some balsamic vinegar. Viola! Super low cal balsamic chicken.
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Send them to me. I'll eat them.
  • Brina4777
    Brina4777 Posts: 40 Member
    Chicken Tortellini Alfredo!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    I often make croissants with leftover chicken and spinach in them. Often when there is leftover chicken, but not really enough for a meal.

When all else fails, I dice it, portion it, and freeze it for later. Pre-cooked freezer food saves me a ton of money.