I want to meet T1 diabetic competitive fitness people!

Options
Hello. I've been T1 diabetic for 22years. I would love to meet some people that are T1 diabetic and are competitive with their fitness goals. I'm very interested. Please tell me a bit about yourself and how you've over come the obsticle with diabetes and how you've beat this disease and met your fitness goals. Thanks

Replies

• BetesBitch
    BetesBitch Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Am I the only diabetic who is interested in fitness?
  • Charbostock
    Charbostock Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have had T1 for 4 years now and I have messed around with different diets and have come to realise low carb is the way forward for me. I am still trying to get my ratios correct and have been on the insulin pump for almost a year, I have just started to self fund a CGM so I can really knuckle down and get to grips with what works for me. It is a work in progress though! What works for you?
  • BetesBitch
    BetesBitch Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have had T1 for 4 years now and I have messed around with different diets and have come to realise low carb is the way forward for me. I am still trying to get my ratios correct and have been on the insulin pump for almost a year, I have just started to self fund a CGM so I can really knuckle down and get to grips with what works for me. It is a work in progress though! What works for you?

T1 for 22 years. Still trying to get back on track from pregnancy (birth) 2 years ago. But im on Humalog and Levirmir. I am VERY touchy to insulin. I just got a pen that allows 1/2 unit doses so im hoping this will help. My A1C is currently 8.1 (Canadian measurements for blood sugars are between 4.5-8.5)
    Also I just began to be VERY consistent with exercise every afternoon so i can adjust lunch time insulin with that. And on my day off, I take a little more insulin for lunch so i don't go high. There is one night i play badminton so i take a little less insulin at supper time and make sure i eat carbs for that particular supper meal too. All other suppers are usually no carbs just so i can make sure im staying in a deficit and don't need a wack load of insulin.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    there is a whole bunch of type 1 an type 2 diabetics out there totally dedicated to fitness. If you have never heard of it google the "Tour de Cure" and "Step out to Walk" I'm a Red Rider with the TdC and have found thousands of people just like me.

Hope this helps!